Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
alexlloyd

Lollapalooza Paris 2018

Recommended Posts

Lollapalooza Paris confirmed to be returning yesterday on 21/22nd July. 

Line up is going to be out on Friday guessing it will be two headliners already confirmed to be around Europe in the Summer, possibly a French date for Pearl Jam? 

IMG_2118.JPG

Edited by alexlloyd

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, alexlloyd said:

Lollapalooza Paris confirmed to be returning yesterday on 21/22nd July. 

Line up is going to be out on Friday guessing it will be two headliners already confirmed to be around Europe in the Summer, possibly a French date for Pearl Jam? 

IMG_2118.JPG

No chance for Pearl Jam.

I'd say Muse and Bruno Mars

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 13/12/2017 at 8:30 PM, alexlloyd said:

Lollapalooza Paris confirmed to be returning yesterday on 21/22nd July. 

Line up is going to be out on Friday guessing it will be two headliners already confirmed to be around Europe in the Summer, possibly a French date for Pearl Jam? 

IMG_2118.JPG

 

FB_IMG_1513328485409.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, pete76 said:

 

FB_IMG_1513328485409.jpg

That's a really good line up for me! Not sure I could manage Rock Werchter, Mad Cool and this three weekends in a row though :lol:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'd take a few for Sziget!

Gorillaz, The Killers, Nekfeu, Noel, Parov Stelar, Portugal. The Man, Kaleo, The Blaze!

Nice!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Anyone been to this? Fancy a change from Beni , but the website is very sparse.

 

Assuming the transport from paris center would be good as it is in a city!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Noeliam said:

I'd take a few for Sziget!

Gorillaz, The Killers, Nekfeu, Noel, Parov Stelar, Portugal. The Man, Kaleo, The Blaze!

Nice!

Lollapalooza 21/22 July, Sziget 8/15 August... i can't see the connection between this 2 festivals...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't see any way this sells out, so I'd say it's almost certain there will be day tickets and they already have one-day VIP tickets. I was originally planning on doing Rock Werchter into Mad Cool, but I'm thinking I'll swap Werchter for this instead, since the Gorillaz are the main draw for me as well. Hopefully there are a few decent size names added in the final dozen names.

Did anyone check this out last year? 

Edited by ThisIsHappening

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The biggest additions were Dua Lipa and Excision. I’m kind of regretting my decision to do Mad Cool and Lolla, instead of Mad Cool and Rock Werchter. 

Dua Lipa
Bastille
Excision
French Montana 
Lil Pump
Jess Glynne
Tom Walker 
Alma
The Inspector Cluzo
Wax Motif
Basstrick 

Edited by ThisIsHappening

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Very surprised (and so very happy) to see excision playing, he rarely plays in Europe let alone UK as far as I know due to dubstep not being very big compared to America so that makes it even better for me

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Looking at doing Lolla Paris this year instead of Rock Werchter, really want to see Gorillaz and The Killers but Depeche Mode is a massive draw for me. Anyone know what the festival is like? Food/drink costs, different stages, things to do, closing acts, curfew etc? Also just noticed Axwell /\ Ingrosso were on the orginal lineup but aren't anymore.. any reason for that?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Based upon last year it looks like things run about 1 PM to midnight. It’s located a bit out of the way from central Paris and any tourist attractions. I personally am staying at Three Ducks Hostel, which is a ten minute walk from Eiffel Tower, around 15 minute ride/hour walk from the fest and has a good night life. 

Cant really speak to the fest itself. Still debating whether to get in both days, since I’ll be attending Mad Cool the week prior. 

Here's a map of last year's fest:

plan-lolla-appli-.jpg

Edited by ThisIsHappening
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, ThisIsHappening said:

Based upon last year it looks like things run about 1 PM to midnight. It’s located a bit out of the way from central Paris and any tourist attractions. I personally am staying at Three Ducks Hostel, which is a ten minute walk from Eiffel Tower, around 15 minute ride/hour walk from the fest and has a good night life. 

Cant really speak to the fest itself. Still debating whether to get in both days, since I’ll be attending Mad Cool the week prior. 

Here's a map of last year's fest:

plan-lolla-appli-.jpg

Thanks for the info, looking at the map I'm assuming the two main stages would have alternating acts whilst the other is setting up soundcheck? Otherwise the clashes I imagine would be a nightmare for the big names. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Anyone know how long are the big names set length usually? 

Edited by e2p2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, e2p2 said:

Anyone know how long are the big names set length usually? 

This was last years. I only want to go for the Killers and Gorillaz on sunday. By this set times, it doesn't look like they will conflict.

01A27C9B-DFF9-4AE1-88B3-0EB774BFDDAC.jpeg

Edited by birchtree29

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, ThisIsHappening said:

Still debating whether to get in both days, since I’ll be attending Mad Cool the week prior. 

 

I am also attending Mad Cool Festival and thinking to go to this just for The Killers and Gorillaz on Sunday. Only differences between Mad Cool and this on first 2 lines on Saturday are Travis Scott, Diplo and Bastille which are not that important for me. The Killers and Gorillaz are the only headliners that I wish Mad Cool had.

Edited by birchtree29

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
57 minutes ago, birchtree29 said:

This was last years. I only want to go for the Killers and Gorillaz on sunday. By this set times, it doesn't look like they will conflict.

01A27C9B-DFF9-4AE1-88B3-0EB774BFDDAC.jpeg

Thank you. I dont know how I misread the title, I was thinking about Pitchfork Paris and not Lollapalooza, hoping for Bon Iver and the Decemberists based on their tour. Sorry. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, birchtree29 said:

I am also attending Mad Cool Festival and thinking to go to this just for The Killers and Gorillaz on Sunday. Only differences between Mad Cool and this on first 2 lines on Saturday are Travis Scott, Diplo and Bastille which are not that important for me. The Killers and Gorillaz are the only headliners that I wish Mad Cool had.

I'm leaning only Sunday myself. I was thinking I could potentially eliminate a few conflicts with Mad Cool with Depeche Mode/Kasabian/Portugal. the Man, but I'll hopefully be able to hold off on tickets to this until schedules come out. 

A fest in Paris should be a good change of pace. Had never heard of Parov Stelar, but looking forward to seeing him. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, ThisIsHappening said:

I'm leaning only Sunday myself. I was thinking I could potentially eliminate a few conflicts with Mad Cool with Depeche Mode/Kasabian/Portugal. the Man, but I'll hopefully be able to hold off on tickets to this until schedules come out. 

A fest in Paris should be a good change of pace. Had never heard of Parov Stelar, but looking forward to seeing him. 

Parov Stelar is a must watch if you haven’t heard of it yet. They are an amazing band live

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.



×