2018 New Music

the wonderwhy

9 minutes ago, kingcrawler said:

Agreed, didn't realise we were only just over a week away from the album now but really looking forward to it. Got a lot to live up to after Immunity but these two singles are a great start.

Gets a stonking great review in Q (not that that means a lot...) 

1 hour ago, kingcrawler said:

Agreed, didn't realise we were only just over a week away from the album now but really looking forward to it. Got a lot to live up to after Immunity but these two singles are a great start.

IIRC this song was an Immunity reject, used to be called Halo

6 minutes ago, priest17 said:

New Drenge at the 43.30 mark here, kinda sounds like Bloc Party almost, I like it though. There's another song from last night in Liverpool that looks great as well, seems they're touring with 4 members now. Buzzing for next week.

Wow you're right, if someone had played me that and told me it's an old unreleased Bloc Party track I'd probably believe them. Yeah not what I expected but it's an alright track. Interested to hear more new stuff from them.

1 hour ago, priest17 said:

Albert Hammond, Jr's latest didn't grab me when it first came out but I've gone back to it over the last couple of days and its brilliant, basically had it on repeat today. Still think I prefer The Voidz' overall but this is a great little record.

Yeah I thought it was pleasant enough on first go but I've been solidly going back to it since and now think it's fantastic. Can't say the same about Virtue - I've probably listened to Tyranny more than I have that since it came out.

3 hours ago, dentalplan said:

Yeah I thought it was pleasant enough on first go but I've been solidly going back to it since and now think it's fantastic. Can't say the same about Virtue - I've probably listened to Tyranny more than I have that since it came out.

Virtue has served me very well travelling to work, it's weird enough to distract me travelling between Leeds and Manchester everyday. I loved it on first few listens, it started falling off but I almost fought to fall back in love with it, funny how you can choose albums to do that with. Probably just means I'm wrong about how good it is ahah.

8 hours ago, Mattymooz said:

Take A Byte is the stand out track from the non singles imo after the a quick flick through. Will be very happy if she gets booked

I think the first half of the album is fantastic (especially Crazy, Classic Life and Take a Byte) but the second half (or more specifically the last few tracks) aren't quite doing it for me yet, and other than Pharrell's verse I Got the Juice is a bit of a throwaway really.