2018 New Music

the wonderwhy

5 hours ago, FloorFiller said:

Yeah I like it when bands/acts do this too. It's a bold statement, and then is all the funnier when/if it turns out to be a bit of a stinker.

Like the self-titled 1983 Genesis album. Hit home that Phil had turned a unique and much loved prog band into a bland pop/rock act that now catered to the US enormodomes. One of the singles off it was called Illegal Alien; the chorus went ‘It's no fun being an illegal alien. It's no fun being an illegal alien’.

6 hours ago, Odessa said:

I think my main gripe with it stems from MGMT's self titled album letting me down so badly haha. Interpol's most meh record also fits the rule.

Blur's self titled is brilliant. Up there with 13 as their two best albums for me. I really like Avenged Sevenfold's self titled. Efests favourite Razorlight did it and theirs was pretty crap on the whole after their debut being full of tunes. Paramore did it 4 albums in and it's their best record easily. Struggling to think of any others!

Can't tell if this is sarcasm or if you have just never listened to Brand New Eyes before...

3 minutes ago, Mattymooz said:

Can't tell if this is sarcasm or if you have just never listened to Brand New Eyes before...

Self titled is better than Brand New Eyes. Although at the moment I'd rank After Laughter as their best despite not taking to it to begin with. They've gotten better with each album.

39 minutes ago, justanothername said:

I hate that all of American Football's releases are self titled. But if they released another album/EP that wasn't self titled I'd get pissed off as it's not consistent. They're in too deep.

...and i'm trying to keep,

up above in my head,

instead of going under, instead of going under...

On 9/21/2018 at 12:27 PM, The Nal said:

Mountain Mans new album is lovely stuff. A bit getting-gangraped-by-a-group-of-hicks-in-the-scary-woods about it but lovely nonetheless. 

Bill Gibbons newie about to get a spin. 

Mountain Man are great, aren't they?  seen them a couple of times, really good. Was half expecting them at EOTR this year, they've played there before and were also Feist's backing singers for a while

2 hours ago, Mardy said:

Mountain Man are great, aren't they?  seen them a couple of times, really good. Was half expecting them at EOTR this year, they've played there before and were also Feist's backing singers for a while

Ah didn't know that. Yeah really like the album. Will defo catch them live given the chance.

I saw Black Honey last night at one of their album launch gigs at Sheffield. I guess as most of the tracks have been on EPs and on spotify etc for ages, a lot of it technically isn't new anymore, but man, they were good. I also don't think I've had a girl crush this bad since Brody Dalle circa 2004

Unknown Mortal Orchestra have an album of instrumental jazz coming out next month. Ite then.

(didn't make it half way through this track. I guess it's fine for what it is but it baffles me that he's releasing this stuff as UMO rather than as a side-project?)

Edited by Mash011