2018 New Music

the wonderwhy

God's Favorite Customer is well up there with the best albums this year. Tempted by the Liverpool gig. There's a youtube video with a set of his that goes on for over 2 hours, does anyone know if that's standard? Cos I need to make sure I reeeaaally like him before committing to that haha.

1 hour ago, Odessa said:

God's Favorite Customer is well up there with the best albums this year. Tempted by the Liverpool gig. There's a youtube video with a set of his that goes on for over 2 hours, does anyone know if that's standard? Cos I need to make sure I reeeaaally like him before committing to that haha.

I think so. When I saw him last year he played for around 1 hour 40 but player a few extra songs at other gigs which would easily take it up to 2 hours. He’s a great live act, was one of my highlights of the festival last year.

33 minutes ago, Odessa said:

Yeah it's creeping up as my favourite, really quality album, some of his best work in there.

And yeah when I saw him he played for about or just over 2 hours in Manchester in November. Was a beast of a setlist and had a few of his longer tracks in there.

FJM is really growing on me, had a good few plays since it came out already.

New Ben Howard album is really chilled as well, not sure it's going to make anyone's top 10 of the year but it's nice summer evening listening

19 hours ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Real talk.  The Camila Cabello album is still pretty damn wonderful.

I found it a bit patchy personally. There are some great tracks, but it also feels like there is a fair amount of filler. Still will be interesting to see what she does next as I haven't heard anything from her since the album came out lol

6 hours ago, Mash011 said:

video out for one of my favourite songs of the year. av a listen.

Never really did come around to most of this album but this song is the undisputed highlight for sure. I don't remember much of their Strange Waves set as I was plastered but I remember loving every second of this.