2018 New Music

the wonderwhy

On 12/02/2018 at 5:43 PM, kingcrawler said:

Been listening to Postcards - I'll Be Here in the Morning a lot over the last couple of days and it's really good, if you like this then the album is definitely worth a listen. 

I can show you other great but not famous lebanese bands if you'd like :) 

• Upvote 1

17 minutes ago, nikkic said:

Does anyone know if The Yeah Yeah Yeah’s are releasing a new album this year?  

With some festival dates and Karen O back in the mix with that Micky K track I thought something might be on the horizon, but I canny find anything about new material. 

No mention of an album here...

https://www.esquire.com/entertainment/music/a17850230/yeah-yeah-yeahs-thirteen-cover-listen/

On 15/02/2018 at 11:50 PM, GETOFFAMYLAWN said:

Absolutely loving this London jazz scene compilation We Out Here. Get on it if you like what's good.

I mentioned it in the West Holts thread but you should also check out the Yazz Ahmed album for similar cosmic jazz flavours, this time with a Middle Eastern influence.

10 hours ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

I mentioned it in the West Holts thread but you should also check out the Yazz Ahmed album for similar cosmic jazz flavours, this time with a Middle Eastern influence.

I'm off to see her in LDN at some point soon, looking forward to that. 

In terms of jazz this year, the new Joachim Kuhn album is a pretty decent bop:

4 hours ago, priest17 said:

Confidence Man have released a new tune and details of their new debut, out April 13th. Sounds fun as with the rest of the stuff, a bit more LCD Soundsytemy than the other songs maybe.

http://thequietus.com/articles/24068-confidence-man-dont-you-know-im-in-a-band-album-release-date

Gosh I love these cats. I remember this one from last year, remember the dance too. Wish they'd do more of their own shows in the UK rather than trying to bring in new fans at bloody festivals. Are we not enough? #HateFestivals

Anyway, shut up everyone. The Kero Bonitos brought an EP out today. Like this one a lot.

Edited by dentalplan

4 minutes ago, priest17 said:

Wow this is brilliant, I love them but I'm actually a little surprised how much I thoroughly enjoyed this on first listen. There's not a lot incredibly different about it to their old stuff but it's so fresh and fun, 2 big thumbs up from me, bring on the album.

Man I really love this band. This is very good. One of my most looked forward to albums this year thus far and I'm all over it when they tour.