2018 New Music

the wonderwhy

The 1975 are 3-for-3 on the 5-star reviews so far. 'Generation-defining masterpiece,' comparisons to OK Computer, you name it. If yr not on board at this stage you are basically pure gammon.

EDIT: Sorry, 4-for-4. Just seen the Q Magazine one too.

Edited by Mash011

36 minutes ago, Mash011 said:

The 1975 are 3-for-3 on the 5-star reviews so far. 'Generation-defining masterpiece,' comparisons to OK Computer, you name it. If yr not on board at this stage you are basically pure gammon.

EDIT: Sorry, 4-for-4. Just seen the Q Magazine one too.

TOO TIME TOOT ME TIM ETO’O is actually such a great tune. I thought it was kinda vapid at first but it’s really good fun and quite groundbreaking for an indie pop outfit.

The other stuff hasn’t grown on a whole lot and I don’t think I’ll be as enamoured as these reviewers but I’m eager to hear this album

Just now, dentalplan said:

TOO TIME TOOT ME TIM ETO’O is actually such a great tune. I thought it was kinda vapid at first but it’s really good fun and quite groundbreaking for an indie pop outfit.

The other stuff hasn’t grown on a whole lot and I don’t think I’ll be as enamoured as these reviewers but I’m eager to hear this album

You're a lost cause if yr not on board with Love It If We Made It yet tbh, but yeah 2time is a mighty bop. Anyway I'm getting the 19752020 campaign started over in their own thread.

2 minutes ago, priest17 said:

Did their other albums review well? Can't really be doing with them but cannae ignore a bunch of 5 star reviews.

Certainly not to the same extent. Mixed to positive for both, I believe. I'm sure they won't keep the perfect streak but it's hard to deny this will be a watershed moment for them. Certainly the snobby dads (of which we have plenty here, have a look at the reaction the thread I made for them is getting) are going to find it harder to handwave them as pop-music-for-girls after this.

1 minute ago, GETOFFAMYLAWN said:

Yeah the BBC gammons use this excuse when they give Jordan Peterson and Steve Banon a platform as well. Me and my mates at antifa are coming for you.

Clean yr room.

12 minutes ago, Mash011 said:

Certainly not to the same extent. Mixed to positive for both, I believe. I'm sure they won't keep the perfect streak but it's hard to deny this will be a watershed moment for them. Certainly the snobby dads (of which we have plenty here, have a look at the reaction the thread I made for them is getting) are going to find it harder to handwave them as pop-music-for-girls after this.

Well I need to wait till melon and @dentalplan tells me to like it before I jump ship.

Funny how a bunch of posh gits from Wilmslow are being hailed as spearheading the anti-gammon movement.

On 11/19/2018 at 4:47 PM, GETOFFAMYLAWN said:

First listen to the new Can't Swim just done, it goes hard. Get it while it's hot, emo kids.

I forgot about this, been too busy with itoldyouiwouldeatyou instead. I love their EP but wasn't keen on their first album but I'll give this a go later.

Also itoldyouiwouldyoueat's album is good. Worth a listen if you like The World Is A Beautiful Place...

18 hours ago, justanothername said:

I forgot about this, been too busy with itoldyouiwouldeatyou instead. I love their EP but wasn't keen on their first album but I'll give this a go later.

Also itoldyouiwouldyoueat's album is good. Worth a listen if you like The World Is A Beautiful Place...

Good friends with the keyboardist for itoldyouiwouldeatyou, they are a great people, also really fun live, highly reccomend aswell

1 minute ago, dentalplan said:

By the way, the new Weezer song was kinda skipped over in the announcement of a Glastonbury-adjacent show.

I think this album will be worse than Pacific Daydream.

Yeah I thought we were all just choosing to pretend this didn't exist. Truly terrible, although at least now it's more or less what I expect from Weezer. Anything more would be a bonus.

3 hours ago, dentalplan said:

By the way, the new Weezer song was kinda skipped over in the announcement of a Glastonbury-adjacent show.

I think this album will be worse than Pacific Daydream.

Christ, there aren't many 2-word combinations that strike terror to the heart quite like 'Weezer reggae'.

On ‎11‎/‎15‎/‎2018 at 8:15 PM, UndergroundSound said:

Was at Heartbreakers the other night for The Blinders, some serious sound issues and pretty sure I've had that happen before there, couldn't seem to get the balance right and kept maxing out. Shame because its a really cool venue, may become my favourite in the area if they sort the sound. Will check that out though, think I'm free Saturday night.

moving on, the new HMLTD track is seriously reminding me of Confidence Man. Not sure about it yet though, enjoyed death drive but need to give this one a few more listens.

I was there for the Blinder's and thought they were great; similar to Cabbage and I think I preferred them to Idles. Though support act, Moses were great fun; I'd see them again.