2018 New Music

the wonderwhy

45 minutes ago, Mattymooz said:

Bit more mellow than I was expecting but I like it. I love the slight hint of PC music in it but ain't too full on, reminds me of a more chilled N1A era XCX song

This is rly nice. Glad to hear she has an album coming too, hopefully she's packing some bops for that. 

Had Paak on all day and after the underwhelming tracks previously released, I’m enjoying it a lot more than I expected I would. Push, Snoop and Q-Tip’s spots are all decent. Dre’s mark is all over it (no bad thing). Doesn’t seem to reach the heights of Malibu but I reckon it’ll be getting plenty of repeat plays. Genuinely hope it takes off for him though – he’s such a talent. 

Mind, Sweet Chicks is  Jay-Z’s Girls, Girls, Girls in all but name.

2 minutes ago, Badlands said:

Had Paak on all day and after the underwhelming tracks previously released, I’m enjoying it a lot more than I expected I would. Push, Snoop and Q-Tip’s spots are all decent. Dre’s mark is all over it (no bad thing). Doesn’t seem to reach the heights of Malibu but I reckon it’ll be getting plenty of repeat plays. Genuinely hope it takes off for him though – he’s such a talent. 

Mind, Sweet Chicks is  Jay-Z’s Girls, Girls, Girls in all but name.

The Q-Tip track is great. Also really enjoyed 6 Summers, Mansa Musa and Left to Right on my two listens last night. Don't really remember the rest; need to give it some more spins, but I also don't reckon it'll be troubling the upper reaches of my aoty list.

1 hour ago, CJTM said:

probably a bit late to the party, but please to God get these on the JPT - been blowing my nips off the last few months

I think these are good. Saw them supporting Shame and were excellent. I would imagine there will be loads of bands with a similar sound over the weekend.

44 minutes ago, priest17 said:

So I thought you were all on about Daughter a couple of weeks ago so didn't think much of the recommendation. I've realised my mistake and can confirm the new Daughters album is amazing and will more than likely end up in my top 10 for the year.

I did the same when I first saw it mentioned on here :lol: