2018 New Music

the wonderwhy

22 minutes ago, Odessa said:

Ffs I've just downloaded the new Muse, and went straight to Propaganda but had to go back to one of the songs I knew to check my speakers weren't fucked. Nope, it's meant to sound like that hahahahahha. The absolute state of this.

Honestly they just put a load of weird bullshit in to distract people from the song being just a note for note remake of Kiss by Prince.

1 minute ago, kingcrawler said:

Propaganda is even worse than I expected. I’m not sure if it’s because I listened to it not long after I woke up but imagine having that as your alarm. Waking up every morning and the first thing you hear is PROPROPROPROPROPROPROPROPROGANDA.

Well that's what's going to happen when we're all living in the simulation theory.

Just finished the new Muse album, I actually thought the first 2-3 tracks were alright. Then Propaganda happens and it all goes very badly wrong from there, must like Everything Now except there’s nothing at the end to redeem it.

My journey through Simulation Theory:

Algorithm/Dark Side/Pressure - Actually this is alright, certainly not as bad as their recent stuff. Could it even be the start of a comeback?

Propaganda - Oh. What holy hell is this?

Break It To Me - Fucking hell, is he rapping now?

Something Human - Muse go vaguely calypso, a sound literally nobody was waiting for.

Thought Contagion - Is this Imagine Dragons?

Get Up & Fight - No really, have I accidentally put Imagine Dragons on? <Checks phone>

Blockades - Literally every Muse song from the last decade distilled into one. They’ve even brought the space synth back.

Dig Down - They’re still doing that wub wub thing then? Great.

The Void - Fuck this, I can’t be arsed anymore.

”Altered Reality” versions - Wait, there’s more?!? I didn’t like most of this the first time. I’m certainly not sitting through more versions that sound the fucking same anyway. Fuck you Muse.

<Deletes album>

1 minute ago, Hugh Jass said:

Just finished the new Muse album, I actually thought the first 2-3 tracks were alright. Then Propaganda happens and it all goes very badly wrong from there, must like Everything Now except there’s nothing at the end to redeem it.

My journey through Simulation Theory:

Algorithm/Dark Side/Pressure - Actually this is alright, certainly not as bad as their recent stuff. Could it even be the start of a comeback?

Propaganda - Oh. What holy hell is this?

Break It To Me - Fucking hell, is he rapping now?

Something Human - Muse go vaguely calypso, a sound literally nobody was waiting for.

Thought Contagion - Is this Imagine Dragons?

Get Up & Fight - No really, have I accidentally put Imagine Dragons on? <Checks phone>

Blockades - Literally every Muse song from the last decade distilled into one. They’ve even brought the space synth back.

Dig Down - They’re still doing that wub wub thing then? Great.

The Void - Fuck this, I can’t be arsed anymore.

”Altered Reality” versions - Wait, there’s more?!? I didn’t like most of this the first time. I’m certainly not sitting through more versions that sound the fucking same anyway. Fuck you Muse.

<Deletes album>

Felt the same about Algorithm as you did Blockades. Blockades sounds like the whole of BHAR shoved into one song but not very good (there's also a line that sounds identical to a City of Delusion line, and even the lyric is almost the same), and Algorithm sounds like every Muse song since BHAR shoved into one.

Also I spoke to someone last night about it cos they'd posted an IG story of the Algorithm alternate reality version. They said they liked the album but the alternate reality versions are way better. I have no idea how anyone could think any version of these songs is good.

Except Pressure.

14 minutes ago, Gucci Piggy said:

Felt the same about Algorithm as you did Blockades. Blockades sounds like the whole of BHAR shoved into one song but not very good (there's also a line that sounds identical to a City of Delusion line, and even the lyric is almost the same), and Algorithm sounds like every Muse song since BHAR shoved into one.

Also I spoke to someone last night about it cos they'd posted an IG story of the Algorithm alternate reality version. They said they liked the album but the alternate reality versions are way better. I have no idea how anyone could think any version of these songs is good.

Except Pressure.

I listened to the Deluxe version, turns out I dodged a bullet as there's a Super Deluxe version with even more of that shit on it.