2018 New Music

the wonderwhy

Loving the new Architects, was mad to hear them on radio 1 daytime the other day. Felt that it was kind of important.

Just been scrolling through spotify, how the fuck does Panic! at the disco have a million more monthly listeners than Twenty One Pilots? I would have thought that TOP would be far bigger

On 11/9/2018 at 4:32 PM, Mouseboy11 said:

New Lady Bird, can't decide if I like these guys or if they just feel like Slaves MK II 

Have you seen Lady Bird yet? If not, do it - they put on such a great show.

I am biased as they're friends of mine but I've seen them about 12 times and each show does seem to get better and better at the moment.

3 hours ago, GETOFFAMYLAWN said:

I've really come around on Woman, it's a classic Cat Power masterpiece, I should never have doubted her.

I was a bit nonplussed at first but it's a lovely album. Where would you recommend on her back catalogue Lawn? Never really listened before

1 hour ago, Quark said:

I was a bit nonplussed at first but it's a lovely album. Where would you recommend on her back catalogue Lawn? Never really listened before

Moon Pix and What Would The Community Think both are her GOAT albums, but really the only one I wouldn't recommend is (ironically) The Greatest, although the title track is outrageously good.

• Upvote 1

Band I know from Southampton just premiered a new track through Clash and it's out on Friday, these lot have something special about them! Immense live band as well, playing Heartbreakers Saturday night if anyone fancies a good dance https://www.clashmusic.com/news/premiere-mystic-peach-across-the-pond?fbclid=IwAR0tKAnrdIZOQboMqOGEMU_G4tUVec-0LP_OB0NyH101ml0bU3bXmDaTKLc

10 hours ago, Callum_96 said:

Band I know from Southampton just premiered a new track through Clash and it's out on Friday, these lot have something special about them! Immense live band as well, playing Heartbreakers Saturday night if anyone fancies a good dance https://www.clashmusic.com/news/premiere-mystic-peach-across-the-pond?fbclid=IwAR0tKAnrdIZOQboMqOGEMU_G4tUVec-0LP_OB0NyH101ml0bU3bXmDaTKLc

Was at Heartbreakers the other night for The Blinders, some serious sound issues and pretty sure I've had that happen before there, couldn't seem to get the balance right and kept maxing out. Shame because its a really cool venue, may become my favourite in the area if they sort the sound. Will check that out though, think I'm free Saturday night.

moving on, the new HMLTD track is seriously reminding me of Confidence Man. Not sure about it yet though, enjoyed death drive but need to give this one a few more listens.

Just now, UndergroundSound said:

Was at Heartbreakers the other night for The Blinders, some serious sound issues and pretty sure I've had that happen before there, couldn't seem to get the balance right and kept maxing out. Shame because its a really cool venue, may become my favourite in the area if they sort the sound. Will check that out though, think I'm free Saturday night.

moving on, the new HMLTD track is seriously reminding me of Confidence Man. Not sure about it yet though, enjoyed death drive but need to give this one a few more listens.

Went Heartbreakers for the first time last night. Is it always full of Liam Gallagher freaks?

Just now, Gucci Piggy said:

Went Heartbreakers for the first time last night. Is it always full of Liam Gallagher freaks?

I've normally found there to be quite a nice mix of people and ages, but then the other night I did find there to be a fair few people who moshed and danced more like football hooligans than music fans. Guess those kind of people also fit your Liam Gallagher description?

It's not a bad place though and the crowds are normally a nice mix, for a new club in a city with next to no scene it's doing alright.

5 minutes ago, UndergroundSound said:

I've normally found there to be quite a nice mix of people and ages, but then the other night I did find there to be a fair few people who moshed and danced more like football hooligans than music fans. Guess those kind of people also fit your Liam Gallagher description?

It's not a bad place though and the crowds are normally a nice mix, for a new club in a city with next to no scene it's doing alright.

Yeah, I wasn't there for a gig tho I just went and had a few drinks there and everyone looked like they styled themselves on LG. There was a guy in a fedora too who tried to talk to me, too.