2018 New Music

the wonderwhy

2 hours ago, Nicklord said:

Funny thing, new Muse is their best reviewed album in years. It has 78/100 so far on metacritic :D 

Music criticism is fucking cancelled. Here's my review:

We should all be deeply embarrassed that Muse are still one of our biggest bands. The absolute state of it. The most offensive thing about Simulation Theory is how expensive it sounds - you couldn't make an album like this without spending a lot of money on it. The amount of money that's been thrown into this black hole of a band, that could've gone to an artist with a single cell of musical talent left in their body, to produce this miserable, irredeemable cultural trash.  Simulation Theory, this nonsense nostalgia-baiting garbage, is nothing but a symptom of capitalism in catastrophic decay.

Edited by Mash011

12 minutes ago, Mash011 said:

Music criticism is fucking cancelled. Here's my review:

We should all be deeply embarrassed that Muse are still one of our biggest bands. The absolute state of it. The most offensive thing about Simulation Theory is how expensive it sounds - you couldn't make an album like this without spending a lot of money on it. The amount of money that's been thrown into this black hole of a band, that could've gone to an artist with a single cell of musical talent left in their body, to produce this miserable, irredeemable cultural trash.  Simulation Theory, this nonsense nostalgia-baiting garbage, is nothing but a symptom of capitalism in catastrophic decay.

You seem genuinely disappointed by it. I thought people either listened to new Muse for laughs or just have garbage music taste. 

Just now, dentalplan said:

You seem genuinely disappointed by it. I thought people either listened to new Muse for laughs or just have garbage music taste. 

Well yeah I listened to it for laughs - and I did get a couple laughs, especially Propaganda which made me giggle like a little kid - but by the end of it I was just annoyed with it all.

Gonna go out on a limb here and say that Muse's new album is the best they've released since BH&R, or at least the most interesting. I mean, it's not good by any stretch, but it's the first album of theirs in a long time that I haven't just wanted to turn off halfway through, mostly because they've shed a lot of the self seriousness and actually sound like they're having fun just hamming it up as much as possible. The last few albums have been an absolute slog. This is at least worth listening to for the laughs and 'what the fuck is this?' moments.

I listened to Simulation Theory just for the laughs and it didn't disappoint. It might just be their worst album and everyone who hasn't heard it yet needs to. Propaganda and Break it to Me had me in tears and Get Up and Fight is one of the worst things I have ever listened to. How is this band still a thing. 

Edited by justanothername

4 hours ago, gearbm95 said:

The Laura Jane Grace & The Devouring Mothers record that came out today is pretty killer. Would love to see her or Against Me at glasto this year.

It's pretty good isn't it it? 

Over on the Against Me subreddit someone said that Laura wants to come back to Europe but it just doesn't work financially. Shame though as Mercy Union are the support for the new US tour dates! 

Edited by ScarletBlaster
Missing word