2018 New Music

the wonderwhy

Ty Segall quietly set to potentially overtake Gizzard's release schedule this year, album number 5 out tomorrow, leaves him plenty of time to squeeze another one out. 

Here's number 4 in case you missed it, the weirdest one of the lot but a great listen if you're into weird experimental psych.

On 10/24/2018 at 7:43 PM, priest17 said:

Every now and then this site provides an invaluable link to an important piece of music that completely passed me by. Today it was a link to a pitchfork article that informed me of a Darkness cover of Street Spirit. What a day.

Whaaaat? Where is this?

Have you heard the Hanson cover of Optimistic? If you haven't... trust me! 

It pains me to say this 'cause I really wanted to love it but after my first few listens through of Robyn's album I can't help but feel disappointed. Maybe it was too much to expect her to change the pop game once again, but a lot of it just sounds incredibly slight or like Body Talk filler tracks (and Beach2k20 is actually kind of shit) which is especially disappointing with it only being 9 tracks long. Maybe it'll all click with more listens but right now I'm wondering why the 8 year wait.

Can’t believe I’m actually saying this in 2018 - but the new Black Eyed Peas album is great. 

Their decision to go back to rap/hip-hop after Fergie left has really worked, and the move away from the cheesy pop sound has made them relevant again! Can’t see it being a commercial success, but it’s a good listen!

2 hours ago, FloorFiller said:

It pains me to say this 'cause I really wanted to love it but after my first few listens through of Robyn's album I can't help but feel disappointed. Maybe it was too much to expect her to change the pop game once again, but a lot of it just sounds incredibly slight or like Body Talk filler tracks (and Beach2k20 is actually kind of shit) which is especially disappointing with it only being 9 tracks long. Maybe it'll all click with more listens but right now I'm wondering why the 8 year wait.

Deliberate step to move away from bangers, but agree that initially it all feels a bit slight and low key.  Hoping that time will reveal it to be a The Visitors-style muted masterpiece.

10 hours ago, mario man said:

Saw a band this eve supporting BC Camplight called Penelope Isles - I thought they were fantastic - they seem to be playing some of their own gigs next year so hopefully on the up and perhaps see them at the farm 

They’re brilliant. Just signed to Bella Union and got an album out early next year. Shoe-in for the farm I reckon!