2018 New Music

the wonderwhy

25 minutes ago, The Nal said:

After Idles global warming ending, world peace creating, poverty eradicating, bee saving, nuclear disarming, Mars landing, cancer curing performance on Jools, GOGGS new album (Ty Segall side project) is pretty sweet. 

More of the same from the first album and I'm more than happy to have it. Shame they'll probably never come over here but they never tour for that long, everyone runs off to their 'real' bands.

On 9/18/2018 at 9:32 AM, FloorFiller said:

Anybody checked out the new Noname album? I loved Telefone but this has turned things up a notch. So good.

Yeah, really liking it. US dates up to March. Euro tour spring/summer maybe. Not sure how it would translate live though?

24 minutes ago, priest17 said:

More of the same from the first album and I'm more than happy to have it. Shame they'll probably never come over here but they never tour for that long, everyone runs off to their 'real' bands.

3 or 4 belters on there. Nice little side project. Would be (very) small clubs if they wandered over here so not sure its worth it for them. 

Edited by The Nal

The new Gouge Away album is really good. Wasn't too sure on it at first but half way through the sound clicked. It's not as intense as their debut but still as raw and a much wider sound to it. Also Jeremy Bolm from Touche Amore did a great job on the production here, I love that bass tone.

https://gougeawayfl.bandcamp.com/album/burnt-sugar

Edited by justanothername
  • Upvote 2

Having lost interest in the works of Mull Historical Society around about album 2, I gave the new one a play last week thanks to Apple Musics suggestion and it’s an amiable little beaut to listen to – been on heavy rotation ever since. Bernard Butlers twiddling the knobs.

11 minutes ago, justanothername said:

The new Gouge Away album is really good.

Oooh yessir. Thats banging. 

Great to see a bit of dirty filthy tuneage around the place amid dozens of 2019 bland arena rock band tour announcements.  

No Gouge Away Irish date amongst the UK dates of course though. Its like the fucking famine over here again. Those c**ts got off easy. 

Edited by The Nal

1 hour ago, justanothername said:

The new Gouge Away album is really good. Wasn't too sure on it at first but half way through the sound clicked. It's not as intense as their debut but still as raw and a much wider sound to it. Also Jeremy Bolm from Touche Amore did a great job on the production here, I love that bass tone.

https://gougeawayfl.bandcamp.com/album/burnt-sugar

Enjoying that a lot. 

I've been waiting all day for Pinegrove's new album to appear on news or leak sites but apparently it's just on their website and possibly has been for a while.

It's pretty great. Maybe doesn't reach the heights of Cardinal on my first listen through but there's some really good stuff here, and I'm looking forward to spending my entire evening listening to it on repeat.

11 hours ago, The Nal said:

Oooh yessir. Thats banging. 

Great to see a bit of dirty filthy tuneage around the place amid dozens of 2019 bland arena rock band tour announcements.  

No Gouge Away Irish date amongst the UK dates of course though. Its like the fucking famine over here again. Those c**ts got off easy. 

I moved back away from Manchester this year and I thought that was a gig drought :lol: 

Hoping to see them in preferably Leeds or Manchester but have to see how work plans out, but I bet they'd fantastic live.

Edited by justanothername

On 9/27/2018 at 6:02 PM, dentalplan said:

I probably won't be seeking it out to listen again but yeah it's a fun video and a catchy radio-rock tune. About as good as you can expect from Muse nowadays.

Had actually thought this album might be the one where the fans really do start to leave but that track might actually give their popularity a Dark Necessities-style shot in the arm.

Just gave something human a listen, reminds me of erasures respect in places.

New Titus Andronicus EP just got a surprise release - there's another Dylan cover (they sure do love those huh) and a remix of the worst song they've ever recorded but the real meat of it is the 16:46 long closer 'A Letter Home,' a nice sort of multi-part mini rock opera that's well worth a listen if you're into this band and a sound addition to the Titus canon.

a1543811188_16.jpg

https://titusandronicus.bandcamp.com/album/home-alone-on-halloween