08. I Like America & America Likes Me
09. The Man Who Married a Robot / Love Theme
10. Inside Your Mind
11. It’s Not Living If It’s Not With You
12. Surrounded by Heads and Bodies
13. Mine
14. I Couldn’t Be More in Love
15. I Always Wanna Die (Sometimes)

Yet the thing as a whole comes in at 58 minutes, which seems reasonable enough. At least until you remember there's a second half coming ~six months down the line.

Hoping 'Mine' is a Taylor Swift cover to liven things up a bit at the end there because track 12 sounds like some kind of post-war dystopian nightmare.

12 hours ago, Odessa said:

Well this is embarrassing. Worst song of 2018? I LOVED their debut when it came out and I still rate about half of it (try and tell me Be The One isn't a brilliant track I dare you), but everything I've heard since has been tragic.

I have to say, I don't mind that at all. I think it'll be popular, that one

This is a lovely surprise, their album in January was great. New 6 song EP out Oct 12th. Dunno why they keep insisting on releasing summer bangers so far away from summer.

Also, that Ting Tings song is amazing, I don't know how they've come out with something so bad? They were never that great but man, hats off to them.

3 hours ago, FloorFiller said:

Did it? Or were you just younger and stupider?

I was too old for the Ting Tings first time around, but Shut Up And Let Me Go was great.

One of my earliest interactions on this site was when I offended someone's idea of spontaneity by suggesting I could wait for that song, jump around like a madman and then go back to normal. Because buying tickets months in advance and then looking at a timetable all weekend is like, really impromptu man. Not that I hold grudges.

13 hours ago, Mash011 said:

Ting Tings' debut album had some certified bops but their later career is just baffling. Did they just completely forget how to make music?

I once read something along the lines of the first album being mostly done by a particular producer, but the band decided the success was all their own and ditched him for the next album.

17 hours ago, eFestivals said:

I once read something along the lines of the first album being mostly done by a particular producer, but the band decided the success was all their own and ditched him for the next album.

We studied some of the production of that album on my music tech course. I remember something about a skipping rope being used on one of the songs.

Orbital's new album isn't a classic but some nice stand out tracks on it. Loving Hoo Hoo Ha Ha & P.H.U.K. with a few others being decent too. It's a very cinematic sounding album, I think Paul might be getting a bit comfortable doing scores for TV and films. 

Interestingly most of the bonus tracks appeal more to me. Go for the deluxe version of the album. I'd say the album is a 7 out of 10 with the deluxe lifting that to an 8.

Edited by WS_Jack_III

On 9/14/2018 at 2:10 PM, frontsidecab said:

New Ben Howard EP is lovely. Hot Heavy Summer with Sylvan Esso the standout for me, Sister reminds me of 715 CREEKS off 22, A Million.

What a relief he's remembered how to write songs again. Guessing this suddenly appearing out nowhere is a result of the label having strong words after Noonday Dream predictably bombed.