2018 New Music

the wonderwhy

Idles album is brilliant. Liked Brutalism but maybe not as much as others seemed to but this has cemented me as a big fan and I'm gutted I missed out on Manchester tickets, although I assume they'll be touring pretty heavily so hope to catch them soon.

Also didn't really think it'd be my thing but thanks to @priest17 I've been digging this Bad Sounds album quite a bit. Very fun and catchy.

New Muse song is probably better than the previously released singles from this album but is still ultimately shite. This new album is gonna be a new low for them.

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

Found June a tough listen, the line "Baby's Shoes. For Sale. Never Worn" almost broke me.

Yeah, I remember someone mentioning about what had happened to Joe and his mrs a few months ago and that he thought the band would go away for a while. Then got to that track on the album and it hit me big time. 

14 minutes ago, Gucci Piggy said:

Wow that IDLES album is lit thanks @Mouseboy11

While I’m on a hot streak, might I recommend Muse’s ‘The Dark Side’

1 minute ago, Mouseboy11 said:

Yeah, I remember someone mentioning about what had happened to Joe and his mrs a few months ago and that he thought the band would go away for a while. Then got to that track on the album and it hit me big time. 

There was a good interview with them in last month's Q where he talked about it as well

16 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

Idles album is brilliant. Liked Brutalism but maybe not as much as others seemed to but this has cemented me as a big fan and I'm gutted I missed out on Manchester tickets, although I assume they'll be touring pretty heavily so hope to catch them soon.

I'm going to that idles gig, I do not have tickets yet though ahah. They've come along way from playing to a third full night and day back in '16, tore the trades club a new one earlier in the month.

Big Red Machine (Justin Vernon and Aaron Dessner of The National) album out today. Can't say I've been overly excited about it as it's upcoming release had just kind of passed me by but it's sounding pretty great on my first listen through.

Got half way through the new Eminem earlier but decided to turn it off in favour of something good. Just more of the same really isn't it? He releases an album and claims that he's 'back', and then a year later he releases another album and says the last comeback album was actually shite but that THIS TIME he's actually back, and repeat. Not that I expected anything more from him at this stage, but it doesn't make it any less sad.