2018 New Music

the wonderwhy

Some great albums out today, even the Slaves one wasn't really bad, not sure if I'll go back to it though. Already gone on about the Oh Sees, the Our Girl one was great (a lot tighter and cohesive than I was expecting, thought it was just one of the Big Moon's side project but that's a massive disservice) but the one that's got the most plays today is Bad Sounds - Get Better. I've been blasting Avalanche since its release but the whole albums loads of fun, didn't even realise it was out today till this morning, been lots of bopping to that. Shame it didn't come out in time for the sun but there was plenty about at that time anyway. Well worth a go.

Listened to Mitski's album a couple of times and I like it but the songs are all so short, feel like every time I'm getting really into a song it just ends! Will keep going with it though as I feel like it'll grow on me. I quite like Death Cab for Cutie's new album but I can't see myself going back to it too often, nice enough without any poor tracks but nothing too exciting.

58 minutes ago, kingcrawler said:

Listened to Mitski's album a couple of times and I like it but the songs are all so short, feel like every time I'm getting really into a song it just ends! Will keep going with it though as I feel like it'll grow on me. I quite like Death Cab for Cutie's new album but I can't see myself going back to it too often, nice enough without any poor tracks but nothing too exciting.

Only on my first listen now and I'm half asleep so not really concentrating on it anyway but I felt exactly that way with Geyser the million times I listened to it when it came out.

I'm a few days behind here but fuck me that Paul McCartney track is embarrassing. Worst song I've heard all year.

I mentioned it in the Green Man thread as well, but the new Lemon Twigs stuff was sounding great live on Friday, so get their new album on yr radars for Friday. I'd had a lot to drink tho so don't hold it against me if it's garbage. And oh shiiiiiit I've just remembered there's also new Interpol this week. Exciting.

9 hours ago, Odessa said:

I'm a few days behind here but fuck me that Paul McCartney track is embarrassing. Worst song I've heard all year.

I mentioned it in the Green Man thread as well, but the new Lemon Twigs stuff was sounding great live on Friday, so get their new album on yr radars for Friday. I'd had a lot to drink tho so don't hold it against me if it's garbage. And oh shiiiiiit I've just remembered there's also new Interpol this week. Exciting.

Blood Orange, Interpol, The Lemon Twigs and Jain according to my release calendar. Busy week, that.

2 hours ago, Gucci Piggy said:

Blood Orange, Interpol, The Lemon Twigs and Jain according to my release calendar. Busy week, that.

White Denim and a Justice rework album as well. Praying for a couple of leaks to be honest, I can't fit all that in one day if any of them are any good. Although I'm still getting plenty of mileage out of Bad Sounds' debut from Friday.

2 hours ago, kingcrawler said:
The Julien Baker, Phoebe Bridgers and Lucy Dacus side project, boygenius, have three songs out today. They’re all pretty much what you’d expect but thats’s far from a bad thing, I really like all three. Seems like there’s an EP coming out on November 9th.

Touring as well. Pleasant surprise. Only North America at the moment tho.

39 minutes ago, priest17 said:

White Denim and a Justice rework album as well.

Alice in Chains, Mark Lanegan & Duke Garwood, Her's, Nothing...