2018 New Music

the wonderwhy

1 hour ago, priest17 said:

Does what it says on the tin. The new ones were fun when I barely knew them at Hebden Bridge, the October ones are gonna go off. Dunno why I let the Manchester date sell out ahah.

Yeah, I've been hearing stories of how great they sounded at Boomtown this weekend. Get that Twickets alert set up mate.

20 minutes ago, JSmurphy said:

Yeah, I've been hearing stories of how great they sounded at Boomtown this weekend. Get that Twickets alert set up mate.

Twickets DICE and see ticket set up, usually pretty easy grabbing one on the day on the facebook page if that all falls through.

5 minutes ago, Mouseboy11 said:

Class again. Can't wait for the Bristol gig in October, think it's going to be mad. Tempted to try and go to Birmingham as well. They're the best band in Britain at the moment for me.

Everything they're putting out is gold at the mo. Couldn't be more excited for the album. For me, Brutalism was only topped by Polygondwanaland last year, but this is already on track to go one better. I've listened to Samaritans relentlessly since it's release.

4 hours ago, Mash011 said:

So far I'm not quite convinced by the hype for Idles - they're definitely good but are they that good? Hoping their EOTR show turns me around on that. Or maybe I just need to listen more.

I do like them but agree that they're probably being overhyped a little. I thought they were a bit of a joke band when I first heard stuff like Mother way back when. Colossus is brilliant though so I hope there are a few more big stormers like that on the album.

Never thought anything of IDLES when they released their first couple of EPs but Well Done changed that for me and I've loved them since, there's an exciting energy around them but there's plenty of other bands I've liked and not understood people saying things like that. If they could go on and cover the rest of Yeezus as well now that'd be tip-top as well.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p06hh2z0

22 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

Do I hate all caps now? It was people referring to bands in all caps that I said something about, like CHVRCHES or BROCKHAMPTON. with full stop lol even worse.

Or do you mean Fuh You? Cause I do yeah.

Assumed you just hated all pointless capitalisation, which TOOTIMETOOTIMETOOTIME seems to be.

But yeah Fuh You is ten times worse.