2018 New Music

the wonderwhy

10 hours ago, Badlands said:

Struggled with Travis Scott myself, can’t see myself listening to that again. Gave that Denzel Curry album a listen off the back of Romesh’s podcast however and was impressed by that - will be devoting more time to it this week. Not sure if it’s been mentioned on here.

I was really hyped for it (Denzel) but it was just alright. Maybe I have to let it grow on me. I thought his previous album was a belter so perhaps that set my expectations off too high. I did take away from it that I’m quite excited now about J.I.D’s next moves.

2 hours ago, Mattymooz said:

Kiesza is back! Not the most groundbreaking stuff but still a solid pop-house crossover (the pitched vocals in the second verse are very nice imo)

So glad I'm not the only one here feeling this!

Bamber x

New Drenge, probably my favorite of the new ones, definitely sounds more Drengey. Feel a little hard done by that we've now had 2 of the 4 that we're seemingly getting this year but I know that's on me, they don't owe me anything. Sure they played more than 5 new ones when I saw them though.

On 8/10/2018 at 12:13 PM, The Nal said:

Enjoying The Beths album. Kim Deal type early/mid 90s indie. 

On 8/10/2018 at 5:53 PM, FloorFiller said:

This is brilliant. Whole thing is catchy as hell.

Yes yes yes.  Love it.  They're in Brighton in Nov, may well add them to my calendar...

EDIT: It's a free show.  I have absolutely added them to my calendar :)

Edited by Quark

3 minutes ago, priest17 said:

New Drenge, probably my favorite of the new ones, definitely sounds more Drengey. Feel a little hard done by that we've now had 2 of the 4 that we're seemingly getting this year but I know that's on me, they don't owe me anything. Sure they played more than 5 new ones when I saw them though.

There are 3 new ones out atm, not 2. But that's prob a typo as you've defo been keeping up with them. What makes you say the EP is only 4 songs? That seems unlikely that there would be so much of it out, when it's still not out for a couple of months. Looks like we got 4 new ones at the Gorilla, not including Before The War Begins.

But yeah Outside is sounding v nice.

3 minutes ago, Odessa said:

There are 3 new ones out atm, not 2. But that's prob a typo as you've defo been keeping up with them. What makes you say the EP is only 4 songs? That seems unlikely that there would be so much of it out, when it's still not out for a couple of months. Looks like we got 4 new ones at the Gorilla, not including Before The War Begins.

But yeah Outside is sounding v nice.

Yeah Lets Dance isn't on the EP, sorry could have been clearer there. There was also a record store day song as well. And the details of the EP are here https://drenge.tmstor.es/cart/product.php?id=38766

1 minute ago, priest17 said:

Yeah Lets Dance isn't on the EP, sorry could have been clearer there. There was also a record store day song as well. And the details of the EP are here https://drenge.tmstor.es/cart/product.php?id=38766

Ehh that's a bit shit. Wasn't expecting any Bowie covers tbf. :P They coulda stuck This Dance on there though. Cheers for the info, I hadn't seen that.