2018 New Music

the wonderwhy

22 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

It’s outstanding. Pretty blown away. How can anyone have such an outrageous list of features and still be the star of the record? He’s crushed it.

Yep, finished listening and it really is brilliant. Wall to wall tunes. Much better than the Kanye stuff earlier in the year.

Can't say I've ever given Travis Scott much of a chance as I'd always assumed he was a bit shit but Astroworld is phenomenal. Even at an hour it felt relatively short as it's all bangers.

YG's album that came out today is also very good, although it's hard to see it being anything other than completely overshadowed by Travis.

For anybody champing at the bit for new Frank Ocean, this guy Choker does a pretty good job of sounding like Blonde/Endless era Frank, and his new album Honeybloom is brilliant. Some might be put off by his blatant soundalike-ness but I think there's enough range here to be able to see past it:

Astroworld is incredible, far better than I was expecting. New Trophy Eyes is sounding good but haven't got round to listening in full yet.

On an unrelated note I think Shame's debut record is still my album of the year so far, just doesn't seem to get old as I keep coming back to it.

Edited by UndergroundSound

Struggled with Travis Scott myself, can’t see myself listening to that again. Gave that Denzel Curry album a listen off the back of Romesh’s podcast however and was impressed by that - will be devoting more time to it this week. Not sure if it’s been mentioned on here.

On 7/19/2018 at 4:31 PM, FloorFiller said:

That song is very bad, and the melody of the verses sounds so familiar to me but I can't put my finger on it... So much for the 'back to basics' album they talked about post-Drones, and post-2nd Law, and probably post-this album.

A little respect?

I don’t get why he’s only averaging 20mph if he wants to drive home so badly.