2018 New Music

the wonderwhy

Yessss that new 1975 fucking slaps. I liked Give Yourself A Try but this feels like the one I've been waiting for. They're going hard on the lyrical themes  too - it might not be subtle but there's something undeniably powerful about one of the biggest pop groups of their generation just coming out and saying 'Modernity has failed us'.

9 minutes ago, Mash011 said:

Here's the song, btw.

Granted I never quite took to The 1975 like some others on here eventually did come album #2, but this isn't doing anything to change that. Plodding and boring. Was waiting for a chorus or some kind of big hook to pull me in but there just isn't much here to my ears.

1 hour ago, kingcrawler said:

Wasn’t really into Give Yourself a Try but I really like The 1975’s new song. I generally preferred the album tracks on their last album too so hopefully that bodes well for the new album.

Is this an album track then?

I think the lyrics are great on this one and I'll probably always laugh at "thank you Kanye, very cool". But, for me, the song itself isn't quite up to it. A bit of a boring slog. Chorus is pretty nice but not nearly enough of a payoff. Better than Give Yourself A Try in any case.

36 minutes ago, Odessa said:

Is @Gucci Piggy dead in a gutter somewhere in Madrid? I need yr take on the best thing since Thought Contagion fella.

He just told me he can't wait to kill himself over it so clearly optimistic.

2 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

Is this an album track then?

I think the lyrics are great on this one and I'll probably always laugh at "thank you Kanye, very cool". But, for me, the song itself isn't quite up to it. A bit of a boring slog. Chorus is pretty nice but not nearly enough of a payoff. Better than Give Yourself A Try in any case.

The 1975 are a big boy band now, they don't need catchy hooks, they're about to release their OK Computer.

10 hours ago, WS_Jack_III said:

New Prodigy, thoughts?

Yep like that. Felt like it could have gone somewhere bigger, but would like to hear it live. Think it would be one of those tracks that sounds massive live, and leads nicely into something faster.