2018 New Music

the wonderwhy

19 hours ago, FloorFiller said:

Heard this song/band a month or so ago and now they have an album out and it's very good. Got a lot of 90's rock vibes. Think some people here might be in to it:

Liked that album, cheers. Saw it got released and got them confused with Chastity Belt (who I like to put on every now and then, this is more up my street though).

5 minutes ago, Odessa said:

Looks like the new Drenge is only an EP rather than an album, which I'm pretty gutted about. Out on October 5.

I get the feeling these guys have been mismanaged the last few years.

Silent for three years, then they drop a great new single and a few shows. Now they’re only releasing an EP and it’s not even out till October? It’s a shame because they’re one of my favourite bands from the last few years.

5 minutes ago, Mouseboy11 said:

I get the feeling these guys have been mismanaged the last few years.

Silent for three years, then they drop a great new single and a few shows. Now they’re only releasing an EP and it’s not even out till October? It’s a shame because they’re one of my favourite bands from the last few years.

Yeah I was excited to hear a new album, cos they musta done 4 or 5 new songs on the tour in May, and I really enjoyed them and was looking forward to more. Now it feels like I've probably already heard pretty much all the new stuff. Meh.

Spector did the same; no new stuff for a few years, great new single and then an 11 minute EP. Shite.

But then saying all that, we're obviously not entitled to any new music from anyone so an EP is better than nowt. But I'm still gonna moan lol.

5 minutes ago, Odessa said:

Yeah I was excited to hear a new album, cos they musta done 4 or 5 new songs on the tour in May, and I really enjoyed them and was looking forward to more. Now it feels like I've probably already heard pretty much all the new stuff. Meh.

Spector did the same; no new stuff for a few years, great new single and then an 11 minute EP. Shite.

But then saying all that, we're obviously not entitled to any new music from anyone so an EP is better than nowt. But I'm still gonna moan lol.

I'd totally forgotten Spector existed.  I guess that proves your point.

Shame it's only an EP but I like what I've heard and it might get them out on the road again, I had a broken foot last tour. New stuff sounds good as well, reminds me of The Cribs when Marr joined, the extra guitar seems to mellow them but there's still a rawness there. Some EPs can be pretty long right? If 20 minutes is good enough for Kanye...

New song if anyone hasn't heard it

https://open.spotify.com/album/1OI66GkfNYP53sLwwLByK2?si=BdVVR9hcRUyAastw11VLlA

New Lemon Twigs, definitely enjoyed this more the mark for me more than the last song, can't say I'm madly excited for the album, but maybe that's coz there's a bunch of other albums out that day I'm buzzin' for. And Oh Sees the week before. And IDLES the week after. And I'll stop listing now before this post turns into a upcoming release schedule ahah.

Not exactly new, album came out in March... Jesus how did March get so long ago... Anywhoo, the albums weird and it took me a few days to work out if I like it or not and I have decided I do. Apologies if this has already been posted, it's not really normally my thing

There's an album!!! Genuinely excited to see what new lows they'll reach on this one. Drones has given me years of entertainment.

EDIT: Just read that it's a double album with 19 tracks and one of the disks is entirely acoustic. Noooooo ahahaha this is going to be incredible.

Edited by Mash011

5 minutes ago, Mash011 said:

There's an album!!! Genuinely excited to see what new lows they'll reach on this one. Drones has given me years of entertainment.

A double album apparently - 11 track regular album and 8 track acoustic album.

That song is very bad, and the melody of the verses sounds so familiar to me but I can't put my finger on it... So much for the 'back to basics' album they talked about post-Drones, and post-2nd Law, and probably post-this album.

4 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

That song is very bad, and the melody of the verses sounds so familiar to me but I can't put my finger on it... 

I had the same thing, in the end I settled for Every Move You Make just so I could stop listening to it.