2018 New Music

the wonderwhy

55 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

I knew there was new stuff coming but didn't know it was here already, thanks for the heads up.

I just saw it on Spotify last night and ended up annoying/entertaining the neighbours for about two hours with it as i sat in the garden

On 7/6/2018 at 11:44 AM, tjamest said:

I just saw it on Spotify last night and ended up annoying/entertaining the neighbours for about two hours with it as i sat in the garden

Annoyingly I just wasn't at home over the weekend to give it a proper airing in my garden with a rum and smoke, so it had to wait until this morning.  Loving it, although it's not really making me want to be at work!

Apparently the Lemon Twigs' album is a 'musical' about a chimpanzee who's raised as a human boy. Alright lads. It's got Queen of My School on it which they've been closing live shows with for ages and is an unqualified banger so I'd stay optimistic even if this first tune is a bit beguiling.

The thought of a band like this putting out something so openly musical theatre influenced is quite interesting. Makes sense since yer man was in Les Mis and all that. 

âThe Lemon Twigs' Sophomore LP Is a Musical About a Chimpanzee

1. Never In My Arms, Always In My Heart
2. The Student Becomes The Teacher
3. Rock Dreams
4. The Lesson
5. Small Victories
6. Wonderin' Ways
7. The Bully
8. Lonely
9. Queen Of My School
10. Never Know
11. Born Wrong/Heart Song
12. The Fire
13. Home of a Heart (The Woods)
14. This Is My Tree
15. If You Give Enough

Edited by Mash011

6 hours ago, rhg_99 said:

new one from The Twilight Sad. 

This is fantastic, probably one of my favourite songs of the year so far. Sounds like a progression from their previous stuff while still sounding like exactly what you want from a Twilight Sad song. Shame the albums not coming out until January but I'm sure it'll be worth the wait.

3 hours ago, Mash011 said:

Apparently the Lemon Twigs' album is a 'musical' about a chimpanzee who's raised as a human boy. Alright lads. It's got Queen of My School on it which they've been closing live shows with for ages and is an unqualified banger so I'd stay optimistic even if this first tune is a bit beguiling.

The thought of a band like this putting out something so openly musical theatre influenced is quite interesting. Makes sense since yer man was in Les Mis and all that. 

3. Rock Dreams
4. The Lesson
5. Small Victories
6. Wonderin' Ways
7. The Bully
8. Lonely
9. Queen Of My School
10. Never Know
12. The Fire
14. This Is My Tree
15. If You Give Enough

I did see somewhere that it was an album / musical, but hadn't seen much context beyond that. Makes more sense now.

However it turns out it'll definitely be worth a listen at least once

17 hours ago, Mash011 said:

3. Rock Dreams
4. The Lesson
5. Small Victories
6. Wonderin' Ways
7. The Bully
8. Lonely
9. Queen Of My School
10. Never Know
12. The Fire
14. This Is My Tree
15. If You Give Enough

It's one of the worst album covers I've ever seen.

On 6/22/2018 at 7:57 PM, rhg_99 said:

Its been a very, very good year so far:

Parquet Courts - Wide Awake!

Ought - Room Inside The World

Pusha T - Daytona

Father John Misty - God's Favourite Customer

Hookworms - Microshift

Daniel Avery - Songs For Alpha

U.S Girls - In A Poem Unlimited

Skee Mask - Compro

Fatamouta Diawara - Fenfo

Death Grips - Year Of The Snitch

Snail Mail - Lush

Nils Frahm - Melody

Beach House , Shame, Goat Girl, Jean Grey & Quelle Chris, Nas, Kamaal Williams

gotta add the new Amen Dunes to this list, superb record.

https://pitchfork.com/news/justin-vernon-and-aaron-dessner-detail-new-album-as-big-red-machine/

Full length album coming from J Vernon and A Dessner (aka Big Red Machine). This'll be great. If anyone hasn't heard the EP they put out recently I highly recommend it. All those songs are on this so it's set to be class. https://beta.p-e-o-p-l-e.com/album/big-red-machine

Big-Red-Machine.jpg

Big Red Machine:

01 Deep Green
02 Gratitude
03 Lyla
04 Air Stryp
05 Hymnostic
06 Forest Green
07 OMBD
08 People Lullaby
09 I Won’t Run From It
10 Melt

Had the new Deafheaven on repeat all week and I can't get enough of it. Was kind of worried that they might lose their edge or grow stale but this is a great progression for them and the occasional clean vocals and quieter songs are a nice addition. Can't wait to see them in Manchester. 

I've nearly given up on John Grant. Pale Green Ghosts was an incredible album, I really liked Pale Green Ghost and his Glastonbury 2014 performance was amazing, gig of the festival for me.

But Disappointing aside (ironically enough), everything since has failed to live up to his previous work and has been a real let down.

Glacier is still beautiful though.

EDIT: Here's the full video of beardface's new track

Edited by stuartbert two hats