2018 New Music

the wonderwhy

Bottom Lines...

What Kanye said about Slavery is totally wrong and unacceptable. There is very little nuance or wriggle room in what he said.

"When you hear about slavery for 400 years ... For 400 years? That sounds like a choice."

Much like  Morrissey, you can not, must not and should not second guess actual political statements they make unequivocally, then conflate their musical ability and creativity with that which can be considered politically acceptable. Don't do that. Wrong is Wrong. It seems Kanye is being controversial for monetary gain to me. I freaking love the new Naz stuff, but it is tainted,  not enhanced  by Kanye's Trump Love and heinous bullshit, illiterate proclamations.

Edited by bamber

Okay I haven't listened to a new album since Kids See Ghosts other than the new NIN album cos I've just been bumping my Mad Cool playlists and also been p busy working/watching the World Cup all day every day.

What are the best things I've missed and need to check out? I know I need to listen to the RBCF album.

1 hour ago, Gucci Piggy said:

Okay I haven't listened to a new album since Kids See Ghosts other than the new NIN album cos I've just been bumping my Mad Cool playlists and also been p busy working/watching the World Cup all day every day.

What are the best things I've missed and need to check out? I know I need to listen to the RBCF album.

You heard the new Muse album 'Drones'? Think it might be your thing.

• Upvote 1

The last couple of months we’ve had new albums from some of my favourite artists - Arctic Monkeys, Lily Allen and Florence + The Machine. In my opinion, all three albums are their best work to date. I’m a little disappointed it’s a fallow year TBH.

4 hours ago, Gucci Piggy said:

boy azooooooga 

flasher 

4 hours ago, Gucci Piggy said:

Why can't you just read the suggestions on this thread like everyone else?

3 hours ago, dentalplan said:

There's a LOT of waffle to get through before the good stuff tbf!

Death Grips, Rolling Blackouts CF, Let's Eat Grandma, Gorillaz, Kamasi Washington.

Also just discovered Kadhja Bonet myself. All good.

6 hours ago, dentalplan said:

Cos I ain't tryna read through several pages of discussion where people mention every album that's released.

2 hours ago, Quark said:

There's a LOT of waffle to get through before the good stuff tbf!

Death Grips, Rolling Blackouts CF, Let's Eat Grandma, Gorillaz, Kamasi Washington.

Also just discovered Kadhja Bonet myself. All good.

Thank you.

Top ten albums so far, in no particular order.

Young Fathers - Cocoa  Sugar
Cupcakke - Ephorize
Cardi B - Invasion Of Privacy
Car Seat Headrest - Twin Fantasy 2018
First Aid Kit - Ruins
various - We Out Here
SOPHIE - The Oil Of Every Pearl's Un-Sides
Confidence Man - Confident Music For Confident People
Lykke Li - So Sad So Sexy
Janelle Monae - Dirty Computer

(not listened Kamasi yet tho)

Edited by GETOFFAMYLAWN

I know that I haven’t been posting on here much but I’m really busy with my music right now. Involved in a community of musicians in south london who are like minded and there because they love the music. 

Thought I would share with you all a new track by one of my favourite artists on the scene, Jerskin Fendrix: 

Would love to know what you all think!! 

• Upvote 1

12 hours ago, GETOFFAMYLAWN said:

Top ten albums so far, in no particular order.

Young Fathers - Cocoa  Sugar
Cupcakke - Ephorize
Cardi B - Invasion Of Privacy
Car Seat Headrest - Twin Fantasy 2018
First Aid Kit - Ruins
various - We Out Here
SOPHIE - The Oil Of Every Pearl's Un-Sides
Confidence Man - Confident Music For Confident People
Lykke Li - So Sad So Sexy
Janelle Monae - Dirty Computer

(not listened Kamasi yet tho)

Jesus, I forgot Hookworms. BURN THE THREAD DOWN

Hideous Sun Demon are back, third album out in a couple of weeks. Really enjoyed their last one, was a lot of fun, this one seems to be much more leaning on the Gizz tendencies. Still decent nonetheless, been a fan for years now though and not a sniff of a UK date that I@ve been able to go to. 

On 7/3/2018 at 3:19 PM, priest17 said:

Hideous Sun Demon are back, third album out in a couple of weeks. Really enjoyed their last one, was a lot of fun, this one seems to be much more leaning on the Gizz tendencies. Still decent nonetheless, been a fan for years now though and not a sniff of a UK date that I@ve been able to go to. 

Never heard of them but that's p good, ta. He does seem to be doing that singing along to the guitar line that Stu Gizz does on every song but I'm okay widd it.

Take this in return.

• Upvote 1

13 hours ago, dentalplan said:

Never heard of them but that's p good, ta. He does seem to be doing that singing along to the guitar line that Stu Gizz does on every song but I'm okay widd it.

Take this in return.

He's a likeable chap isn't he. This is miles better than the TLSP Totally Wired cover he fronted, seems to have gotten a lot better live than last time I saw him (gotta be around 6 years ago now).

Oscar Jerome released a new one yesterday and its lovely, this weather is improving some already stellar summer tunes tenfold. The dudes studied classical and jazz music propa apparently, certainly knows how to put a choon together.

On 7/3/2018 at 3:19 PM, priest17 said:

There really is "the Aussie sound" now. Knew they were from there just by the tune, never heard of them before.

Edit: will be investigating more. 

Edited by The Nal

Love the new HMLTD EP on first listen, I'd have got through it a few more times but Spotify FINALLY uploaded Let It Be... Naked so I've been hammering that all day.

Slaves have announced a new album coming out next month with this video, which is pretty funny depending on how much you like posh boys playing punk.