2018 New Music

the wonderwhy

11 hours ago, st dan said:

Jorja Smith hands down AOTY so far for me. Stunning. 

Haven't got round to her album yet, but my thoughts in the car this morning were very much starting to turn towards top 10 of 2018 so far...

19 minutes ago, TheDHolford said:

New Slaves song - Cut and Run debuted last night. Still a great band for me personally and this song was already sounding good live on their Kasabian supporting in December. 

They've been pretty active on social media recently. Is there another EP on the way or something?

1 hour ago, TheDHolford said:

New Slaves song - Cut and Run debuted last night. Still a great band for me personally and this song was already sounding good live on their Kasabian supporting in December. 

I like it, they're in an awkward spot in terms of where to go next as all 2 pieces do at this point but this sounds different enough. I've seen them like 6 times and they're good fun but last time I saw them (Jan '16 I think) it was full of little shits and both my mates got their phones robbed which kind of spoilt them for me. 

3 hours ago, priest17 said:

I like it, they're in an awkward spot in terms of where to go next as all 2 pieces do at this point but this sounds different enough. I've seen them like 6 times and they're good fun but last time I saw them (Jan '16 I think) it was full of little shits and both my mates got their phones robbed which kind of spoilt them for me. 

I've seen them 5 times and they've always been great live, saw them during their back of the van tour end of 2016 in a 100 capacity and that was amazing and shortly after that at an O2 academy and they were starting to draw a different, somewhat scummier crowd. And then last time I saw them was supporting Kasabian at the end of last year and it was full of scumbags but that might have been the fault of Kasabian bringing that crowd in. They didn't suit arenas for me though, Slaves are meant to be enjoyed in smaller venues. 

57 minutes ago, TheDHolford said:

I've seen them 5 times and they've always been great live, saw them during their back of the van tour end of 2016 in a 100 capacity and that was amazing and shortly after that at an O2 academy and they were starting to draw a different, somewhat scummier crowd. And then last time I saw them was supporting Kasabian at the end of last year and it was full of scumbags but that might have been the fault of Kasabian bringing that crowd in. They didn't suit arenas for me though, Slaves are meant to be enjoyed in smaller venues. 

Best time I saw them was Manchester Gorilla around a month before the debut came out (well the proper debut, I'd been listening to their long EP for while before that) and it was perfect for them, can't bash them for wanting to do bigger venues mind. Caught them when I needed to so I'm happy.

6 minutes ago, priest17 said:

I started on the Johnny Marr one but I've had the Nas one on loop after finding out about it. It sounded promising but I really, really like this Nas one. 

Skip both and head straight for Rolling Blackouts.  It's a banger.

You'll want to get this into your ears @Gucci Piggy