2018 New Music

the wonderwhy

32 minutes ago, Paulmcm1998 said:

Enjoyed the new A$AP Rocky album seen a few reviews from fans complaining it was too experimental but I thought it worked pretty well

It might be too experimental for the 53 minute runtime but I am enjoying it a lot. Some brilliant beats and the considerable guest spots don't disappoint either. Just needed a couple of the less fire tracks deleting off it.

9 hours ago, dentalplan said:

It might be too experimental for the 53 minute runtime but I am enjoying it a lot. Some brilliant beats and the considerable guest spots don't disappoint either. Just needed a couple of the less fire tracks deleting off it.

Yeah there was a couple of filler tracks that the album could do without but it's a great album nonetheless

On 5/26/2018 at 11:47 AM, Lubic87 said:

Enjoying the new Chvrches album. It does sound a bit overproduced (they should have stuck to doing it by themselves - My Enemy and God's Plan are 2 of my early favourites and were self-produced...), but there's enough there to look forward to seeing live.

Yep agreed. Not massively different from Every Open Eye, but for me that's no bad thing. On first listen atm but can see a few summer bouncers in there. Fingers crossed for a slot again next year.

Got round to listening to the new Chvrches album. It's not as bad as the couple of pre-release songs I'd listened to had suggested it'd be, but there's also a worrying lack of development in their sound as a lot of these songs could be switched between their previous two albums and nobody would bat an eyelid, and the only real changes are pretty shite (the Radioactive aping EDM influenced Miracle). Graves is a bit of a banger mind, and there are a few others here that aren't too bad, but I just wish they'd try something a bit different as this was all sounding stale on their last album.

Edited by FloorFiller

Simultaneously remembered that Wand have a new EP out and that all their stuff is on Spotify now so today's a good day, the EP is great. A little heavier in parts than Plum but still picking away at that almost britpop sound they seem to have added to their psych edge. Worth a go.