2018 New Music

the wonderwhy

2 minutes ago, Odessa said:

Apparently Pitchfork have accidentally released an article that includes info about Interpol's new album, which is called Marauder and is out on the 24th of August. Looking forward to that!

Yeah saw that earlier. Never gonna reach the heights of that first album but El Pintor was enjoyable enough and a big improvement over self titled so fingers crossed this one's a good'un too.

43 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

Yeah saw that earlier. Never gonna reach the heights of that first album but El Pintor was enjoyable enough and a big improvement over self titled so fingers crossed this one's a good'un too.

Yeah I don't think they've ever come close to matching it, there's always been some filler even when they've put out good albums. I saw them on the El Pintor and TOTBL anniversary tours, and both times were absolutely brilliant so very keen for another tour or a Glasto appearance. Could see them headlining the John Peel stage perhaps.

52 minutes ago, Mattd1205 said:

Anyone read/heard anything about a potential new Tame Impala album? Only a few weeks until they're back playing live (albeit only a few dates announced) and not heard a thing about new music (google isn't telling me much either).

Pretty sure there's nothing on the horizon, they're just doing some random live dates.

Listened to the new Parquet Courts album for like a third time this morning and it properly clicked. So good and up there with their best stuff for sure.

New Chvrches is surprisingly good as well. Miracle sounds more and more like Hurts every time I hear it. I was expecting kind of a big drop off (probably based on the cover art alone) but nah it's enjoyable, and that Killers day at TRNSMT looks great again.

Pusha T's DAYTONA is sick too, never listened to him before but that is a really fucking well put together 7 tracks. Short but better than putting filler in for the sake of it. Nice one @Gucci Piggy.

Also came to the conclusion this morning that Tom Brady gets a shout-out on two thirds of albums, so that's interesting.

9 hours ago, Mattd1205 said:

Anyone read/heard anything about a potential new Tame Impala album? Only a few weeks until they're back playing live (albeit only a few dates announced) and not heard a thing about new music (google isn't telling me much either).

Yeah these are just paydays to tide  things over. KP said at the end of last year (when he tacked some new songs onto a Currents deluxe edition) that he didn’t want to start writing a new album yet and the band’s manager confirmed that he hadn’t started on it yet earlier this year. He might have found inspiration since and his studio is only in his home I believe so could have changed but I predict we’re at the least a year away regardless.

46 minutes ago, Quark said:

Whisper it quietly, but.........

I'm quite enjoying the new Snow Patrol :ph34r:

Me too. Only really listened to it for nostalgia reasons but it’s surprisingly decent. Not an album I expect I’ll come back to often but certainly a better effort than Chvrches new one.

2 minutes ago, kingcrawler said:

Me too. Only really listened to it for nostalgia reasons but it’s surprisingly decent. Not an album I expect I’ll come back to often but certainly a better effort than Chvrches new one.

Chvrches will be this afternoon's listening

Enjoying the new Chvrches album. It does sound a bit overproduced (they should have stuck to doing it by themselves - My Enemy and God's Plan are 2 of my early favourites and were self-produced...), but there's enough there to look forward to seeing live.