2018 New Music

the wonderwhy

1 minute ago, Gucci Piggy said:

Fair play, Drunk Drivers/Killer Whales is a monster tune of course.

Beach Life-In-Death (the really long song near the start) is probably in my top 3 on the album so maybe you just won't like the album at all. The other top ones for me are Bodys (normal length) and Famous Prophets (Stars) (which is 3 minutes longer than Beach Life-In-Dearh so you may not want to put yourself through that either :lol:

I don't even know what Death Grips I've listened to tbh, but I've enjoyed everything I've heard. When the new album comes out this year I'll be sure to listen to it.

Lol I'll try Teen Denial at some point and give Twin Fantasy another go if I like that. 20 minute songs are so intimidating. Makes me reconsider whether it was nice of me when I put LCD's 45:33 on the jukebox in a rammed pub on a Saturday night.

If you dunno if you've heard The Money Store then defo listen to it, it's absolutely amazing.

33 minutes ago, Odessa said:

Just listened to this now, cheers mate. Sounds decent. Not sure it's defo for me but I'll come back to it, and I think the only other hip-hop album I've heard so far this year is J Cole's tragic effort so I needed something.

Those albums Gucci Piggy has recommended are good, also check out Shirt's album Pure Beauty. Definitely one of the best hip-hop releases of the year so far.

1 minute ago, Odessa said:

Lol I'll try Teen Denial at some point and give Twin Fantasy another go if I like that. 20 minute songs are so intimidating. Makes me reconsider whether it was nice of me when I put LCD's 45:33 on the jukebox in a rammed pub on a Saturday night.

If you dunno if you've heard The Money Store then defo listen to it, it's absolutely amazing.

Yeah I feel the same normally, and albums that are over like an hour long can piss off usually too.

I think I might have listened to The Money Store. I defo know like 4 tracks on it and I feel like I've listened to the full album in the past.

1 minute ago, rhg_99 said:

Those albums Gucci Piggy has recommended are good, also check out Shirt's album Pure Beauty. Definitely one of the best hip-hop releases of the year so far.

Yeah the other 2 hip-hop releases I've listened to this year on top of the ones I said are Shirt and CupcakKe which I both found decent, but didn't wanna list too many.

Was slightly disappointed in that Flight Home was my favourite thing on the Shirt album because I'd been listening to that song loads before it came out and it was what had me excited for the album, and then nothing on there lived up to it for me.

1 hour ago, Gucci Piggy said:

Yeah the other 2 hip-hop releases I've listened to this year on top of the ones I said are Shirt and CupcakKe which I both found decent, but didn't wanna list too many.

Was slightly disappointed in that Flight Home was my favourite thing on the Shirt album because I'd been listening to that song loads before it came out and it was what had me excited for the album, and then nothing on there lived up to it for me.

The album was very top heavy in my opinion. Flight Home, Snowbeach and Zebra the obvious highlights.

@Odessa Also check out the DOOM/Czarface album and No News Is Good News by Phonte

Edited by rhg_99

6 minutes ago, Odessa said:

I'll check out everything you've mentioned, cheers!

Check out the new Dr. Octagon album while you're at it. It's my favourite hip hop album of the year, although admittedly it could quite easily be leapfrogged. It's got Paul Banks Mall Cop on it too.

Just now, The Nal said:

Its an album and not an EP though so six long songs!

That's what I'm hoping. Hope it doesn't turn out that he was writing an EP, ended up with a couple more songs than expected so decided to release it as an album instead.

Is there a cutoff point or anything between EP and album in terms of length?

12 minutes ago, Gucci Piggy said:

That's what I'm hoping. Hope it doesn't turn out that he was writing an EP, ended up with a couple more songs than expected so decided to release it as an album instead.

Is there a cutoff point or anything between EP and album in terms of length?

25 minutes but I don't think theres anything official. Loads of prog classics have 6 songs. Station to Station, Animals, Meddle, White Light White Heat. No issue with it as long as its quality.

8 minutes ago, The Nal said:

25 minutes but I don't think theres anything official. Loads of prog classics have 6 songs. Station to Station, Animals, Meddle, White Light White Heat. No issue with it as long as its quality.

Yeah for sure I know some bands do that but I can't think of many examples of NIN doing super long songs so I'm a bit worried it's just gonna be like a mini album.

Then again I keep moaning about long albums recently, think I'm just moaning for the sake of it. 35 mins+ and I'm happy.

19 hours ago, JSmurphy said:

New Nine Inch Nails June 22nd.

Good stuff. Also, 10 years since The Slip... feeling old.  Back then, Trent was at the forefront of technology and digital releases. Now he's pining for the good old days of no mobile phones, pushing vinyl, and selling tickets 'offline'. Hipster.

58 minutes ago, Lubic87 said:

Good stuff. Also, 10 years since The Slip... feeling old.  Back then, Trent was at the forefront of technology and digital releases. Now he's pining for the good old days of no mobile phones, pushing vinyl, and selling tickets 'offline'. Hipster.

While also being chief creative officer at Apple music.

18 minutes ago, The Nal said:

While also being chief creative officer at Apple music.

He'll have their customers queuing outside Apple stores for vinyl before they know it.

--

New Beach House album is lovely. Still think Lemon Glow is the best thing they've done. Gonna give the new Arctics album a first play shortly.

2 hours ago, Lubic87 said:

He'll have their customers queuing outside Apple stores for vinyl before they know it.

--

New Beach House album is lovely. Still think Lemon Glow is the best thing they've done. Gonna give the new Arctics album a first play shortly.

:D Good luck! It's proving to be a divisive one.