2018 New Music

the wonderwhy

24 minutes ago, scrippit said:

Teleman channeling ELO?! This is a real grower.

Weirdly I'd just finished listening to both their albums and then came on here and immediately found this. Sounds decent. I saw them supporting Maximo Park a few years ago and wasn't that fussed, but my dad put Dusseldorf on last year and it made me give them another go. Hoping to catch them at Green Man.

Just finished my first listen through of the lesser Tove's new album and it's great as expected. Kinda surprised to see the Lorde cover made it onto the album but idc cause its a jam. Mistakes seems a bit weak compared to the rest on the first listen but I'm sure it'll grow on me (I love most of the stuff she puts out so)

So much good new shit this week, will listen to the new Jon Hopkins in the morning

More of the same from Frank Turner on his new album .. although I think lyrically it’s his strongest one in some time. 

Just started the new Plan B one and I’m liking it so far .. no idea how it’s going to pan out by the end of it. 

16 minutes ago, st dan said:

More of the same from Frank Turner on his new album .. although I think lyrically it’s his strongest one in some time. 

Just started the new Plan B one and I’m liking it so far .. no idea how it’s going to pan out by the end of it. 

Can't say I was much of a fan of any of Frank's singles, will give the album a go as I did really enjoy the last one.

Haven't bothered with them since a single cursory listen of their first album but decided to give Peace's new leaked album a go due to getting a free ticket to Sound City this weekend and there not being a whole lot else on. It's pure corny power pop throughout and if I had to compare it to another band it'd probably be All-American Rejects, but it's not too bad and enough to convince me to maybe go check them out. Some nice big singalong choruses in there.

1 hour ago, FloorFiller said:

Haven't bothered with them since a single cursory listen of their first album but decided to give Peace's new leaked album a go due to getting a free ticket to Sound City this weekend and there not being a whole lot else on. It's pure corny power pop throughout and if I had to compare it to another band it'd probably be All-American Rejects, but it's not too bad and enough to convince me to maybe go check them out. Some nice big singalong choruses in there.

Liked their last album but found the corn factor on this one a bit too much to stomach. Great pop tracks like 'Lost On Me' are out, cloying dirges about love and kindness are in. No thanks lads.

4 hours ago, stuartbert two hats said:

As @zero000 pointed out on the Electronica thread, Jon Hopkins' album is out today. I'm on the third track (which is my favourite so far!) and my impression is the same as with the singles.  It combines the strengths of his last two albums and is so far better than both.

It's not as strong as Immunity imo but it is very good