2018 New Music

the wonderwhy

6 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

They accidentally released the whole album at midnight. :lol:

It’s a really strange situation. When I went on at midnight there was the two singles and also the title track which I don’t think was meant to be released as they’ve since deleted it from my library :lol:

From what I’ve read they accidentally put the album online a few hours ago but realised quite quickly and have managed to stop any major leaks. Poor guy though, Pure Comedy leaked a couple of months early too from what I remember.

2 hours ago, kingcrawler said:

It’s a really strange situation. When I went on at midnight there was the two singles and also the title track which I don’t think was meant to be released as they’ve since deleted it from my library :lol:

From what I’ve read they accidentally put the album online a few hours ago but realised quite quickly and have managed to stop any major leaks. Poor guy though, Pure Comedy leaked a couple of months early too from what I remember.

Nah, it’s out there - people are fast with this kind of stuff. What a fuck up (although I’m looking forward to listening).

2 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

Nah, it’s out there - people are fast with this kind of stuff. What a fuck up (although I’m looking forward to listening).

Yeah I noticed it appeared on hasitleaked not too long after I posted that. On my first listen just now and the tone of it is somewhere between Honeybear and Pure Comedy, though definitely more in line with the former.

23 minutes ago, Odessa said:

Someone on reddit found this review of the new Arctics album. 

I think it sounds interesting. Seems like there is going to be a single, Four Out Of Five, but it doesn't say if it'll come out before the album or not.

Might actually be the album I want from the lads. Might see some tickets pop up on Twickets at this rate... The last slow burner they released has proven to be their best, I wonder if this only got 7/10 as the reviewer deems AM a masterpiece.

Looks like I left the Arctic Monkeys facebook group just in time anyway.

7 minutes ago, priest17 said:

Might actually be the album I want from the lads. Might see some tickets pop up on Twickets at this rate... The last slow burner they released has proven to be their best, I wonder if this only got 7/10 as the reviewer deems AM a masterpiece.

Looks like I left the Arctic Monkeys facebook group just in time anyway.

That's exactly what I've just said to my mate haha, completely disregard the score once you see him calling AM a masterpiece.

It does sound like it's gonna go down badly for the people wanting instant bangers but that's their problem.

7 minutes ago, rhg_99 said:

new Parquet Courts tracks by way of their KEXP session. Got a feeling the new record could be my AOTY

Hard to argue with that, they're on fire at the moment

PS Psycho Structures aint new, it's from their best album.

Edited by priest17

1 minute ago, Odessa said:

That's exactly what I've just said to my mate haha, completely disregard the score once you see him calling AM a masterpiece.

It does sound like it's gonna go down badly for the people wanting instant bangers but that's their problem.

I mean, I don't think Arctic Monkeys have a masterpiece but AM is p. good.

Sounds not far removed from the recent (excellent) Last Shadow Puppets LP except the shadow of Miles Kane isn't hanging over it. I know it's gonna be hard to take for people who think they peaked on Whatever People Say I Am and are put off now Alex has confidence now but the chamber pop thing is very much Turner's sweet spot, so a very exciting review. But the fella with the magazine coulda thrown a sock on ffs.

2 hours ago, dentalplan said:

I mean, I don't think Arctic Monkeys have a masterpiece but AM is p. good.

Sounds not far removed from the recent (excellent) Last Shadow Puppets LP except the shadow of Miles Kane isn't hanging over it. I know it's gonna be hard to take for people who think they peaked on Whatever People Say I Am and are put off now Alex has confidence now but the chamber pop thing is very much Turner's sweet spot, so a very exciting review. But the fella with the magazine coulda thrown a sock on ffs.

Yeah I'd defo take an album as good as Everything You've Come To Expect tbf. The second half of that especially is fantastic. I think it was only James Blake's record I preferred that year, maybe The 1975's too.

Just caught up with the last 8(!) pages of this thread after being MIA. Genuinely think this thread is one of the best on the entire interwebs.

Anyway, thanks for some good recommendations. Specifically Confidence Men - There needs to be more albums made like this.

On ‎14‎/‎04‎/‎2018 at 10:26 PM, CaledonianGonzo said:

The Down Under Right Said Fred

This was your best.

On ‎14‎/‎04‎/‎2018 at 7:07 PM, CaledonianGonzo said:

Nah - they're the new Ting Tings

This was your worst

9 hours ago, Mash011 said:

Quite disappointed with this FJM record tbh. Certainly some nice moments but it didn't make much of an impression, just felt like a collection of very MOR songs. Will continue to mine it for what gold is there but yeah, let down. 

Sounds a lot like Pure Comedy tbh