2018 New Music

the wonderwhy

On 4/14/2018 at 12:08 PM, FloorFiller said:

Also Tinashe finally released Joyride and it's a bit of a disappointment. Aquarius was getting constant plays from me on it's release but the songs on this one just don't seem as good. Not terrible, but pretty forgettable even after a few listens.

it's all been downhill since In Case We Die.

44 minutes ago, JacquelineS said:

Has anyone mentioned this yet? "Thanks for all the Fish" - a tribute to recently passed icons such as Gene Wilder, David Bowie, Muhammad Ali and Carrie Fisher. 

Really looking forward to this album, not sure on this one though. I like it but it's my least favourite of the singles they've released.

That Confidence Man album is pretty short. That's why I've been able to listen to it seven times. It's great!

Out The Window is ridiculously derivative of Screamadelica. I don't think I've ever heard anything emulating a specific album so much before, but the thing is, it's really good. It gets away with it.

The whole band are ridiculous, I love them!

Father John Misty's new album 'God's Favourite Customer' confirmed to be released on June 1st. Really looking forward to this, while Pure Comedy was good it's a tough listen at times but thankfully this new one is around half the length. Seems like there's two new songs out at midnight too.

15 minutes ago, kingcrawler said:

Father John Misty's new album 'God's Favourite Customer' confirmed to be released on June 1st. Really looking forward to this, while Pure Comedy was good it's a tough listen at times but thankfully this new one is around half the length. Seems like there's two new songs out at midnight too.

10 tracks, 38mins long. Good news for those who thought Pure Comedy was too long.

Album artwork, track titles etc here: https://itunes.apple.com/nz/album/gods-favorite-customer/1364116200

22 minutes ago, kingcrawler said:

Good stuff. I enjoyed Pure Comedy but could never be arsed to listen to it because of the length.

21 minutes ago, Superunknown said:

I'm supposed to be seeing them supporting Manics a week Saturday. Any recommendations on where to start? Besides Dreaming of You.

Their last album was good, Distance Inbetween. The other albums are also good.

I'm guessing if it's a support slot then it will be a single-heavy set they play, so start with the Singles Collection if you're not overly familiar?

21 hours ago, kingcrawler said:

They accidentally released the whole album at midnight. :lol: