2018 New Music

the wonderwhy

1 minute ago, Odessa said:

I forgot how much I liked Arctic Monkeys during the AM era cos the hype got pretty annoying. I kinda hope this splits opinion like Humbug did, and if it's half as good as that album we're laughing. Awful name though.

Yeah I forget that I usually actually like their most recent output because some people make liking the band unbearable.

And it's a great name. Let's get weird!

1 minute ago, dentalplan said:

Yeah I forget that I usually actually like their most recent output because some people make liking the band unbearable.

And it's a great name. Let's get weird!

I'll like the name if I like the album I think haha. That video is winning me over on that weird track name too.

I can never resist singles when they're released so if they don't release any then hearing the album with it all being new at once will be cool. A month isn't long to wait, I'm happy with that.

5 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

Let's get weird!

Completely agree, they're never going back to what they were at this point, they've all learnt a tonne since the last album, really hope they mess with some psych this time.

Is it James Ford producing again?

14 minutes ago, priest17 said:

Completely agree, they're never going back to what they were at this point, they've all learnt a tonne since the last album, really hope they mess with some psych this time.

Is it James Ford producing again?

Apparently its been produced by both James Ford and Alex Turner

New Hinds record is a massive step up from their debut, fans of lo-fi guitar pop make sure you check that out tomorrow. Got all the same energy and charm but the songwriting has improved massively.

That AM teaser has got me going but I can't be having this no singles rubbish. Need them to drop a banger and I'll be right back on the hype train. 

12 minutes ago, Mash011 said:

New Hinds record is a massive step up from their debut, fans of lo-fi guitar pop make sure you check that out tomorrow. Got all the same energy and charm but the songwriting has improved massively.

That AM teaser has got me going but I can't be having this no singles rubbish. Need them to drop a banger and I'll be right back on the hype train. 

That's good to hear. I think they needed to step up their songwriting to keep me interested, not that I believe that was their motivation.

You call anything a banger. I'd be interested to see if it can be done with a rock band not releasing any singles before the album is out and maintaining a level of hype - even Radiohead released a couple of songs in the days leading up to LP9 - but I can't imagine none of these tracks will be heard by 11th May, even if it's a leak or a live video from their next tour date.

While I'm at musical street cred ground zero after riding for The Vaccines and getting excited by Arctic Monkeys' monster truck songs, I wanna throw a shout out to the new Kate Nash album. Could do with being not so fucking long but there are some gems in there.

• Upvote 1

23 minutes ago, Mash011 said:

Awesome, I loved their debut more than most I know but I've got no issue with them stepping up their songwriting. I've got a Manchester ticket to see them, I should see when that is...

I'm going to pick up some new music tomorrow - this thread moves at some pace - any recommendations that I may have missed over the last couple of months? 

I haven't picked up/downloaded much apart from the Jack White album. I might get the Goat Girl album, Sister Cities but then I have no idea what else...