2018 New Music

the wonderwhy

3 hours ago, kingcrawler said:

For me, that's better than anything from Immunity. Reminiscent of Bonobo and Nils Frahm as well as being very much Hopkins.

Cracking tune, I could imagine that going down a treat on the farm.  He's played to a rammed Glade and The Park. Where next? W Holts seems like the obvious next step. Subbing in 2019? Could he headline the place? Maybe headline/sub JP? 

11 hours ago, stuartbert two hats said:

For me, that's better than anything from Immunity. Reminiscent of Bonobo and Nils Frahm as well as being very much Hopkins.

Cracking tune, I could imagine that going down a treat on the farm.  He's played to a rammed Glade and The Park. Where next? W Holts seems like the obvious next step. Subbing in 2019? Could he headline the place? Maybe headline/sub JP? 

Yeah wouldn't go as far as to say it's better than anything off Immunity yet, but it's wonderful, and will fit in wonderfully with his live show. Btw there's an extended version on Spotify. 

7 minutes ago, Tuna said:

Yeah wouldn't go as far as to say it's better than anything off Immunity yet, but it's wonderful, and will fit in wonderfully with his live show. Btw there's an extended version on Spotify. 

Yeah, the extended version is the one to listen to, as it features the trademark Hopkins soundscaping much more strongly.

Edited by stuartbert two hats
removed errant "."

5 hours ago, priest17 said:

This is a new Anderson. Paak video under the guise of an Apple advert (I promise!) songs great and the Spike Jonze video stars FKA Twigs.

Pity it loses so many points for being an Apple advert.

YES LAWD!

A collab between Anderson .Paak, Twigs and Spike Jonze is like pure wishlist fantasy material for me, massive fan of all three of them. I don't care that it's an Apple advert, it's three outrageously talented people working together on something joyous to watch and there's merit in that no matter how grubby and capitalist the means. You can just go into their own works for something less twee, I'm just glad that this exists. And ultimately everybody's got to have a job and pay the bills, there's no such thing as ethical consumption under capitalism, pretty much all the art you consume is being pimped by capitalism in some way.

• Like 1

When someone on Youtube comments 'Possibly the worse thing I’ve ever seen on the internet. Utter clap trap.' I'm almost guaranteed to like it. This is no exception, never heard of these before but this is ace, latest album came out a couple of months ago. Took me a couple of songs to realise he was singing in a foreign language, not just really drunk.

On 3/7/2018 at 8:37 PM, GETOFFAMYLAWN said:

YES LAWD!

A collab between Anderson .Paak, Twigs and Spike Jonze is like pure wishlist fantasy material for me, massive fan of all three of them. I don't care that it's an Apple advert, it's three outrageously talented people working together on something joyous to watch and there's merit in that no matter how grubby and capitalist the means. You can just go into their own works for something less twee, I'm just glad that this exists. And ultimately everybody's got to have a job and pay the bills, there's no such thing as ethical consumption under capitalism, pretty much all the art you consume is being pimped by capitalism in some way.

High hopes for Paak this year. Already chuffed that we're gonna see two albums from him, but I genuinely hope he takes off in a big way, the kids got talent in buckets.

Wish I had holiday left for this year or I'd be onto that Apple gig next week like a shot!

• Upvote 1

Camp Cope album is fit on first listen.

Tomorrow is the day that every album in the world is releasing. David Byrne, of Montreal, Young Fathers, Nathaniel Rateliff and the Night Sweats, Editors, Jimi Hendrix, Jonny Greenwood, Turbowolf, Gengahr, Nap Eyes and August Greene according to the note on my phone.

Love that new Parquet Courts tune, not as good as the other new'n but that's gonna take some beating. Really love this by Hinds, definitely seemed to have mastered their craft a little better (although unlike a fair few people I know I loved the simple lo-fi playing on the first album, had a certain charm). Really looking forward to seeing them. 

Love the new Young Fathers album as well, I listened to it a couple of times on the way to work so I don't know any of the song names yet but there's some really great stuff on there, their Ritz gig is looking more and more likely (sorry wallet).