2018 New Music

the wonderwhy

8 hours ago, dentalplan said:

Can't honestly say much about the personnel involved in +@ because I wouldn't know any of the other members if they skelped me on the coupon. Re: TMLT, I can handle the gear changing as there are a bunch of different styles on show as he clearly wanted to make it as expansive as possible - in fact it's quite exciting how they dart from point to point, albeit a little bit exhausting. Plus they still rocked out on the rock and roll tracks, and I can assume that writing less shouty songs is gonna help preserve his cords in the long term. But frankly it seems like Patrick might be steering this one into an area that, frankly, he might not be very good at imo. But we'll see.

I've seen them about 7 times and they've had a completely different line up every time and Patrick's now the only remaining member. The new stuff just sounds like a solo record to me, but I think when Ian (bassist) left after The Monitor they lost their punk sound they had on the first two albums.