2018 New Music

the wonderwhy

41 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

Found that pretty underwhelming, the album’s description isn’t music to my ears either. Hope to be pleasantly surprised I guess.

I wasn't quite convinced until I read the big long interview about it on their site which was descriptions of a few of the tracks. It's gonna be sick, have faith my dude. And I suppose this is absolutely the logical direction to go in after something like TMLT. 

4 hours ago, Mash011 said:

I wasn't quite convinced until I read the big long interview about it on their site which was descriptions of a few of the tracks. It's gonna be sick, have faith my dude. And I suppose this is absolutely the logical direction to go in after something like TMLT. 

That opening track is a belter.

I know nothing about TA. Liked that though. Good start to 2018.

Was just about to go to sleep before seeing there's another new MGMT track. 3 out of 3 now that are great. 

So excited for the new album, they need to hand it over. It has no release date atm right? I swear the recent trend has been to drop 4 songs before the album with the 3rd and 4th coming not long before release (at least I remember The Killers, The Cribs and Arcade Fire doing that for sure at the back end of last year), so it hopefully can't be far away. Would love to just wake up on one of the next few Fridays and see that it's been released.

23 hours ago, priest17 said:

Jack White's label have just signed this guy, album out Feb 9th. Their first full time rapper apparently, I like it, curious to hear what else he has to offer and what effect Third Man Records has on him. 

Nice! Check out this track of his too (very different mind you)

11 hours ago, GETOFFAMYLAWN said:

Listened to my first album of 2018, Ephorize by Cupcakke, it's fucking liiiiiiiiit.

Just had a look on Spotify and her most popular track is called Deepthroat. 2nd most popular is called Vagina. 

One for the kids. 

Car Seat Headrest have just announced (although I thought it was already announced) the new version of Twin Fantasy is out on the 16th of next month. Kind of anxious about hearing it; I can't imagine how Famous Prophets could be improved at all, whereas something like Sober to Death could become a frigging world-beater with better production.