2018 New Music

the wonderwhy

Pearl Charles has her debut album out early next year. I've got one of her EPs she put out for RSD a couple of years ago, which is ace, but she seems to have taken a more pop turn towards Margo Price/Fleetwoods since then. Still sounds fab tho- and she's got fans in Conor Oberst and Father John as well I believe. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 15/12/2017 at 9:47 PM, the wonderwhy said:

Pearl Charles has her debut album out early next year. I've got one of her EPs she put out for RSD a couple of years ago, which is ace, but she seems to have taken a more pop turn towards Margo Price/Fleetwoods since then. Still sounds fab tho- and she's got fans in Conor Oberst and Father John as well I believe. 

Did you say Margo Price by accident? If not, I'm taking offence.

Saw this 101 Most Anticipated Albums of 2018 list and, well, 2018 looks pretty lit now.

9 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

Did you say Margo Price by accident? If not, I'm taking offence.

Saw this 101 Most Anticipated Albums of 2018 list and, well, 2018 looks pretty lit now.

A fair few not mentioned too! 2017 has been a good year, be interesting to see which of those bands were talking about for Glastonbury in a years time!

19 hours ago, dentalplan said:

Margo Price has never written a song resembling that, and is celebrated for that fact.

I'd have no idea, I've never listened to her and think I stole that sentence almost directly from Pearl Charles' PR spiel on the Rough Trade website. She also hasn't only got one song. 

Edited by the wonderwhy

25 minutes ago, priest17 said:

Another banger from Superorganism as well. Not as likeable as M.I.N.D but good nonetheless, still not sure wether I'll go see them live or not 

Are these any good live then? I have to say they seem pretty shocking on every recorded live performance I've seen of them but of course it might be different when there.

1 hour ago, dentalplan said:

Are these any good live then? I have to say they seem pretty shocking on every recorded live performance I've seen of them but of course it might be different when there.

I've heard mixed reports. So maybe its the crowd? Not sure they're big enough yet to bring in a fun crowd is the problem (if that makes sense?) I'll probably judge it on the day when the albums out. I really wanted to go and see Confidence Man coz the crowds in their videos looked joke but having seen the pictures of the gig I'm glad I swerved it.

Well fuck me I wasn't prepared for this morning or this year to see the return of Titus Andronicus - but here we are!

a productive cough

'A Productive Cough' out 2nd March

1. Number One (In New York)
2. Real Talk
3. Above the Bodega (Local Business)
4. Crass Tattoo
5. (I'm) Like a Rolling Stone
6. Home Alone
7. Mass Transit Madness (Goin' Loco')

Tracklist just a little shorter than the last one then. I'm sure the album's going to be bloody fantastic, and that big long opening track if proof enough of that, but I can't help being a little sat about the promised total lack of punk bangers. We're very much in 'To Old Friends and New' or 'No Future Pt 1' territory here. The decision to tour as an acoustic 2-piece is also a bit eyebrow raising but here's hoping they're bored of that by the time they come around here. Shot right to the top of my anticipated albums for this year anyway.

13 hours ago, Billjames7 said:

The Vaccines have just dropped their first single off the upcoming album. Much more like their debut album sound and not going to be an anthem but pretty good on first listen 

I actually really liked it, still have a soft spot for them lot. Not arsed about the tour but I'm a little more curious about the album now, slightly mislabelled by the NME as 'triumphant' but then again what did I expect from the NME?

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Mash011 said:

Well fuck me I wasn't prepared for this morning or this year to see the return of Titus Andronicus - but here we are!

a productive cough

'A Productive Cough' out 2nd March

1. Number One (In New York)
2. Real Talk
3. Above the Bodega (Local Business)
4. Crass Tattoo
5. (I'm) Like a Rolling Stone
6. Home Alone
7. Mass Transit Madness (Goin' Loco')

Tracklist just a little shorter than the last one then. I'm sure the album's going to be bloody fantastic, and that big long opening track if proof enough of that, but I can't help being a little sat about the promised total lack of punk bangers. We're very much in 'To Old Friends and New' or 'No Future Pt 1' territory here. The decision to tour as an acoustic 2-piece is also a bit eyebrow raising but here's hoping they're bored of that by the time they come around here. Shot right to the top of my anticipated albums for this year anyway.

Found that pretty underwhelming, the album’s description isn’t music to my ears either. Hope to be pleasantly surprised I guess.