Jump to content
stanh

YNOT Festival 2018

Recommended Posts

Wasn't aware of The Wombats exclusivity to R & L tbh. 

For some reason I don't see it being Blossoms, but that might just be me hoping more than anything. 

Only another couple of hours till we know.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just in case anyone missed it Kurupt FM are headlining the Quarry on the Friday night and Black Rebel the Sunday night, not sure about the Saturday 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Don't know if anyone's mentioned, but if you click on the acts on the line up page of the website (excluding today's announcements) it tells you the stage/day. 

Looks like main stages will be... 

Libs - Manics - Circa Waves - Sherlocks

Catfish - Kaiser chiefs - Seasick Steve - Amazons 

Jamiroquai - Wombats - Levellers- Shame

(might be some for Sunday main announced today to play before Shame)

 

Tom Grennans highest act listed to play Quarry on Saturday, but presumably he'll sub or 3rd down? 

Edited by alexlloyd
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Do we think there are more acts to be announced an if so what position on the lineup would they be, also sadly it’s looking likely that peace and the wombats will clash which is a bit of a weird choice by ynot considering they probably share quite a lot of fans 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Definitely more acts to be announced still.

Still one more quarry headliner to go, and they have said there is another DJ in response to some one on twitter.

Most will be low down slots now. Although it depends who Giant Squid headliners are?... Although I'm assuming Buzzcocks and possibly Jaws are taking a couple of slots. 

That's your main bulk of a line up I would think.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Fair play, they haven't done bad with the lineup this year, all things considered. Certainly an improvement on last year.

Just hope they've sorted out the infrastructure issues for you...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Really hope there’s a decent headliner in the squid on the Sunday night. The Wombats are the only band really doing anything for me all day and I’m really not fussed about Jamiroquai or BRMC as the Gin/Quarry headliners. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, BeddingatReading said:

Really hope there’s a decent headliner in the squid on the Sunday night. The Wombats are the only band really doing anything for me all day and I’m really not fussed about Jamiroquai or BRMC as the Gin/Quarry headliners. 

Actually I’ve just seen that Fat White Family are down in the Squid on Sunday and Buzzcocks on the Saturday, surely that’s not right, I thought the Giant Squid was for heavier bands??

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, BeddingatReading said:

Actually I’ve just seen that Fat White Family are down in the Squid on Sunday and Buzzcocks on the Saturday, surely that’s not right, I thought the Giant Squid was for heavier bands??

Heavier or Alternative? 

I don't know if there is a theme to the stage as such or if it's just ended up becoming a heavy stage by default. I'd argue that Fat White Family and Buzzcocks are alternative enough to the rest of the line up to slide in there. Either way some of the tiny crowds iv'e seen in the Giant Squid for the headline acts has been dreadful. So maybe they are trying another tact with it?

I'd prefer it to be heavier myself and enjoyed the atmosphere over there with the heavier acts and gave the festival a bit more depth. But if it wasn't getting the crowds they would have to change something I guess.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, ShorttyE said:

Heavier or Alternative? 

I don't know if there is a theme to the stage as such or if it's just ended up becoming a heavy stage by default. I'd argue that Fat White Family and Buzzcocks are alternative enough to the rest of the line up to slide in there. Either way some of the tiny crowds iv'e seen in the Giant Squid for the headline acts has been dreadful. So maybe they are trying another tact with it?

I'd prefer it to be heavier myself and enjoyed the atmosphere over there with the heavier acts and gave the festival a bit more depth. But if it wasn't getting the crowds they would have to change something I guess.

https://ynotfestival.com/stages/giant-squid/

Hmm well they even say “this is where the heavy stuff happens” in the description on the website, unless it hasn’t been updated from last year so I was just hoping for someone a bit heavier for each of the days or even an “emo” type band. The only one I’m not that surprised about is Moose Blood but that’s annoying if they are headlining on the Friday because I’d really want to see them and The Libertines. 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, Wilko888 said:

Does anybody know if there is a separate car park when you purchase vip upgrade?

Pretty sure it is the same car park but the VIP area will be, they tell me, the closest to the car parks.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ok thanks, thinking of upgrading but didn’t want a big hike with all the gear like general camping. Might wait till they release a full site map. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I' going VIP again this year. Hope it' a bit more orchestrated on arrival as to which campsite is which as it wasn' massively clear on the old site this year.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/03/2018 at 6:04 PM, ShorttyE said:

I' going VIP again this year. Hope it' a bit more orchestrated on arrival as to which campsite is which as it wasn' massively clear on the old site this year.

 

 

Thought it was much more overcrowded than I was expecting, was just like general camping. Definitely needs some big improvements. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Brick by Brick said:

Any idea how many ticket tiers are left? And when do thursday tickets usually sell out? Thanks

 

I think tier 5 (the next one) is the last one and last year Thursday sold out about a month or two before the festival however this years Thursday is definitely stronger than last years

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.



×