stanh

YNOT Festival 2018

Any idea of the chances of cage the elephant playing and where they would be in the lineup?

On 24/01/2018 at 3:13 PM, AM0114 said:

Any idea of the chances of cage the elephant playing and where they would be in the lineup?

They've not announced any Summer dates at all yet so it's hard to predict. Again, we're not sure on whether the lineup will scale but they could be anywhere up to mid afternoon on the main stage imo.

Look the people that go are 70% under 20 and want DJ’s, i think we should look to people such as wilkinson, j hus, and the prodigy. Its becoming more of a main stream festival, shikari are a shout, NG/LG also good, what about someone such as matrix or my nu leng

13 hours ago, Camrrr said:

Look the people that go are 70% under 20 and want DJ’s, i think we should look to people such as wilkinson, j hus, and the prodigy. Its becoming more of a main stream festival, shikari are a shout, NG/LG also good, what about someone such as matrix or my nu leng

Yeah I agree that they're gonna end up booking more DJ's than most other festivals but that can really only account for 1 headliner at most. Shikari being basically confirmed for 2000 Trees makes them a lot less likely but apart from them there are still a ton of acts that could show up. Shouldn't be too much more waiting...

• Like 1

With catfish announced as headliners for Boardmasters, do you reckon that could mean they may headline ynot?

1 hour ago, AM0114 said:

With catfish announced as headliners for Boardmasters, do you reckon that could mean they may headline ynot?

Could do but personally I think it's a bit too soon since they were last here. They'd definitely go down well though.

14 minutes ago, Dangerbreaks said:

Could do but personally I think it's a bit too soon since they were last here. They'd definitely go down well though.

Same gap as boardmasters, subbed in 2016 at both ynot and boardmasters so surely that wouldn’t be an issue 

4 minutes ago, AM0114 said:

Same gap as boardmasters, subbed in 2016 at both ynot and boardmasters so surely that wouldn’t be an issue 

Lots of people think the boardmasters line-up is underwhelming and I'm sure Catfish are a factor in this. They are a popular band but there are so many options that people won't have seen at the festival before which could be considered better. Having said that, Catfish would by no means be a bad booking (especially if they are sticking to well known crowd-pleasers so there's less risk).

What do people think about The Libertines? After them headlining Truck last year I think it’d be stupid for Y Not to not book them if they’re available, and id personally love to see them again. 

• Upvote 1

42 minutes ago, BeddingatReading said:

What do people think about The Libertines? After them headlining Truck last year I think it’d be stupid for Y Not to not book them if they’re available, and id personally love to see them again. 

Yeah of all the possibilities they're definitely the most likely. They've said they're doing UK festivals and haven't announced anything yet so I'm expecting them to be there.

Y not replied to someone on Facebook saying that news about the lineup (whether that’s the lineup or the release date) will be released by the end of this week

1 hour ago, Samjones said:

Y not replied to someone on Facebook saying that news about the lineup (whether that’s the lineup or the release date) will be released by the end of this week

Assuming that's true, I'd imagine they'll announce the date of it on Sunday and the actual announcement will come sometime next week.

Camrrr your a smelly belsniffer, modern djs suck my chode... ynot will only grow if it gets grime artists like devlin or pro green or even elton John

• Downvote 2

4 hours ago, Ynotdjman123 said:

Camrrr your a smelly belsniffer, modern djs suck my chode... ynot will only grow if it gets grime artists like devlin or pro green or even elton John

It's more important to get a mixture of acts. I could see 1 DJ headliner going down well but only if the others are different.

3 hours ago, Samjones said:

Lineup 6pm tuesday

Let's hope it's a good one! 

(Side note: called the announcement of the announcement today ;))

39 minutes ago, BeddingatReading said:

Source? I saw a tweet from them today asking who wants an announcement but nothing since then

It's on their Twitter now, I assume he had inside info.

21 minutes ago, Dangerbreaks said:

It's on their Twitter now, I assume he had inside info.

Definitely don’t have inside info, it’s just for some reason they posted the lineup date on Instagram before twitter and facebook, I wish I did have inside info.

Edited by Samjones