Parklife 2018

32 minutes ago, Odessa said:

The volunteering here is hilariously easy. I'm 3 hours into my shift and I've done like 45 minutes of scanning tickets and the rest of it has been waiting around. Way too many of us.

Had the same at BST last year, probably only did 90 minutes of actual work. Volunteering for fests is pretty much always a great deal for the free entry and other perks 

On 6/9/2018 at 2:08 PM, Peanut butter vibes said:

Had the same at BST last year, probably only did 90 minutes of actual work. Volunteering for fests is pretty much always a great deal for the free entry and other perks 

interesting. I have never considered it off the back of being asked to work during bits of the festival I wouldn't want to miss.

I might have to change my opinion!

21 hours ago, Memory Man said:

interesting. I have never considered it off the back of being asked to work during bits of the festival I wouldn't want to miss.

I might have to change my opinion!

Experience can vary depending on organisation you’re with and how early you apply, but I’ve done it for 4 fests now and never missed an act I really wanted to see. Wristbanding jobs are the best (festaff are great for this) as the shifts are normally done before much of the music gets going, for example last entry at Parklife was 5pm.

First Parklife experience. Went mainly for Chvrches and, annoyingly, it pissed it down almost exclusively during their set and the half hour wait beforehand. They played well but it dampened the atmosphere a bit.  Sun was back out for LG and he played a great set.

Parklife seemed a decent enough festival, but I felt very out of place. I was definitiely one of the oldest people there, and it lacked the diverse crowd I've experienced elsewhere. Young, glittery, laddy, and all very Love Island.

Also the music in general wasn't my thing, so was a bit frustrated LG played before Skepta as it meant standing at the front of the main stage for Sigrid, Everything Everything, Chvrches & LG, and then killing time until closing when my coach was booked for.

Overall, I enjoyed the acts I came for (and discovering the chicken katsu place from Glasto had made an appearance) but can't see myself returning.