Parklife 2018

3 minutes ago, the wonderwhy said:

Yeah strong although as I said earlier I still think LG is a waste. 

I'm even less tempted to go now it's confirmed the promoters are w*nky bullyboys, though 

Their social media strikes me as pretty crass too. Definitely don’t like the vibe the festival puts out but they surely offer the most value for money if any festival announced so far - the majors are gonna struggle to top this.

1 minute ago, kingcrawler said:

Dental mentioned it in another thread but I thought Chvrches would be not far off headlining festivals this size rather than being third down. Very strong lineup though, I think the only stronger UK festival this year is All Points East.

Aye, that is a rather assured collection of acts. In terms of size, I don't think they've had bigger.

It does beg interesting questions over the size of certain acts. Chvrches second in TRNSMT and Lorde second at APE - yet both are third down here. There's no other way to look at this than it being stacked.

Though it probably puts paid, as said, to the idea as Chvrches as a headline act at, say, Latitude. Guessing a new album in late summer/autumn to prime for 2019 major slots.

10 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

eh? I wasn't bullied. I had requests to take it down.

All circumstances considered, I decided I would.

Sorry was on about other people they've been in contact with. 

I think it's bad form to get people to tell you where a leak has come from (presumably so you can go fire said leak) 

3 minutes ago, DownboundTrain52 said:

Aye, that is a rather assured collection of acts. In terms of size, I don't think they've had bigger.

It does beg interesting questions over the size of certain acts. Chvrches second in TRNSMT and Lorde second at APE - yet both are third down here. There's no other way to look at this than it being stacked.

Though it probably puts paid, as said, to the idea as Chvrches as a headline act at, say, Latitude. Guessing a new album in late summer/autumn to prime for 2019 major slots.

Chvrches have a new song out on Friday so the albums must be due before summer. I suppose with TRNSMT there's the Scottish factor but yeah, I thought this album would push them onto Latitude/Parklife/Bestival headliners. 

6 minutes ago, kingcrawler said:

Chvrches have a new song out on Friday so the albums must be due before summer. I suppose with TRNSMT there's the Scottish factor but yeah, I thought this album would push them onto Latitude/Parklife/Bestival headliners. 

not sure if they are "in" with the Parklife crowd though. Could still see them getting good slots at Latitude or wherever

WOnder who the last DnB stage headliner is. Wilkinson maybe? Being held back till after his tour later this month?

1 hour ago, Mattymooz said:

not sure if they are "in" with the Parklife crowd though. Could still see them getting good slots at Latitude or wherever

WOnder who the last DnB stage headliner is. Wilkinson maybe? Being held back till after his tour later this month?

sub focus? hes got a show at easter first.

7 hours ago, eFestivals said:

There would have been much more stress here if i'd left it up than took it down, I had stuff flying at me from all directions from a number of different people, and i didn't really have the time to argue it with them even if I'd wanted to.

I apologise for sharing the link a couple hours early guys (especially @eFestivals), I hadn't thought it through - just very eager to share it with you!

To get back on-topic, I do like the line-up a lot. Went last year and had a really good time. The thought of seeing Earl Sweatshirt, Lorde, N*E*R*D and The xx on the same day is very exciting

6 hours ago, finn_with_1_n said:

I apologise for sharing the link a couple hours early guys (especially @eFestivals), I hadn't thought it through - just very eager to share it with you!

hey, it's no real bother to me. :)
(in fact it was great ... i nicked the info and got everything written up ready :P)

I merely had some requests to take it down. It happens, and I don't always act on a request like that.

13 hours ago, kingcrawler said:

Yeah, the fact they're third down here is mildly surprising, to put it lightly.

That being said, I had found it a little bit premature personally to see Chvrches getting sub slots/talk as a potential headliner/ I'd love to see them do it, but album three is going to have to impact with a fair few more sales to make me feel they can pull it off (Bones did 12,400 and Eye did 15,800; given the calibre of, say APE headliners, that could be considered below the threshold).

(Then again, comparatively, LCD's American Dream shifted 11,000, the Bad Seeds' Skeleton Tree put away 22,900 and The xx's I See You did 26,500, so my constant rationalisation on this matrix is subjective at best, anyway.)

Good line up , just a shame the crowd it attracts.  I am being a bit daft as I know it end up with the youth ( I don;t like the youth) and chavs who think camping is a dirty word so they like to go for the day and then go home.  Shouldn't be called a festival unless you can camp. Strong line up still wouldn't get me there . I drove past once as they were opening everyone was wearing the same (I have been to a festival starter pack outfit) 

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...

Looking at the arena breakdown, the Sunday main stage is looking slightly empty; on the Saturday, there are 10 acts, while there are only 7 on the Sunday. I wonder if they've got a 'special guest' to announce, much like Run the Jewels being announced out of nowhere last year.

38 minutes ago, finn_with_1_n said:

Looking at the arena breakdown, the Sunday main stage is looking slightly empty; on the Saturday, there are 10 acts, while there are only 7 on the Sunday. I wonder if they've got a 'special guest' to announce, much like Run the Jewels being announced out of nowhere last year.

Weren't Run the Jewels a replacement for A Tribe Called Quest?

Just now, the wonderwhy said:

No they were announced shortly before Tribe pulled out (and there was a 'special guest' slot on the lineup anyway) 

Ahh fair, man Parklife does seem to coup a lot of killer acts.

• 2 weeks later...