Parklife 2018

SomeoneListeningIn

I'm not sure they have another "huge" act to announce as there was no real hint at anything - no mention of 'TBC' on the main stages - but there were a couple TBC special guests for the dance tents which would relate to the tweets that they've shared and the photos accompanying them.

They're also announcing the details behind the VIP stages apparently

16 minutes ago, finn_with_1_n said:

I'm not sure they have another "huge" act to announce as there was no real hint at anything - no mention of 'TBC' on the main stages - but there were a couple TBC special guests for the dance tents which would relate to the tweets that they've shared and the photos accompanying them.

They're also announcing the details behind the VIP stages apparently

Wouldn’t expect anything “huge” as they’ve only claimed it to be a “little” announcement, but seeing as they’ve taken down the stage splits I would guess they’re just about to pad out a stage or two.

1 hour ago, eFestivals said:

is that right? I've seen the website has been refreshed, but haven't checked thru everything yet.

The only thing they announced today was the stage breakdowns which were shared the day the line-up was released.

I don't even think any of the 'TBA' acts were announced today. No one has been added so far as I can see. But you're right, the website does look glossier

Edited by finn_with_1_n

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/22/2018 at 3:12 PM, Laurenkfj said:

I am really keen on the line up of this this year - I have only heard bad things tho about atmosphere/organisation/clientele etc. 

Is it as stabby/chavvy as it's made out to be? 

depends what you normally go to really...I watch Manchester bands like Courteeners etc and find Parklife pretty similar really (though obviously a different crowd)...make of that what you will

• 1 month later...

Applied to volunteer at this the other day. Just had an email through about times for drop-in interviews which seems bizarre and over the top but whatever I'll go along.

Don't suppose anyone knows how many hours are required of you to work? I've not found any info online about it. It'd be class to get it all out of the way on Saturday and then not have to worry about it Saturday night and Sunday.

• 1 month later...
13 hours ago, mufcok said:

Anyone know if they publish set times before? (last time I went was 2 years ago) Looks like they sell programs with them in according to the website so I'm guessing not, ridiculous 

Last year the set times were in an MEN article before the festival. I'll keep an eye out and post it in here if I see anything about them.

11 hours ago, Peanut butter vibes said:

What’s the security like for this? I imagine the majority of people will be taking something in given the music/demographic

Pretty strict with dogs and occasional searches (random or otherwise). It's up to you whether you want to risk it, but obviously as you say, many do and succeed.