Parklife 2018

SomeoneListeningIn

Had a good time at Parklife this year. Not too sure if I'll be going next year, but if the lineup is as good as last years I'll definitely consider it.

Looking like Gorillaz are a solid shout right now.

Other options from the top of my head:

• The Prodigy
  • alt-J
  • Catfish & the Bottlemen
  • Liam Gallagher

Thoughts?

9 minutes ago, SomeoneListeningIn said:

Had a good time at Parklife this year. Not too sure if I'll be going next year, but if the lineup is as good as last years I'll definitely consider it.

Looking like Gorillaz are a solid shout right now.

Other options from the top of my head:

• The Prodigy
  • alt-J
  • Catfish & the Bottlemen
  • Liam Gallagher

Thoughts?

Gorillaz are exclusive to Boomtown and Liam won't be doing it with his Old Trafford show. I think The Prodigy are probably too heavy. 

Friendly Fires are my shout. Might be a sub though. 

6 minutes ago, the wonderwhy said:

Gorillaz are exclusive to Boomtown and Liam won't be doing it with his Old Trafford show. I think The Prodigy are probably too heavy. 

Friendly Fires are my shout. Might be a sub though. 

Neil said 'from the various versions of wordings I read it more-implied that aspects of the show were exclusive than that the band's performance was' in the Boomtown thread, so looks like they could play here too.

Also not sure if you've seen this image Parklife shared but it seems to hint at Gorillaz.

DQfOQGoW0AYKSfH.jpg.97c02337be9a8cd4016fb435cb89cedb.jpg.31c62a50fc4db12827fffbf64c5a1027.jpg

Forgot about Liam's Old Trafford show though, he's definitely ruled out.

4 minutes ago, SomeoneListeningIn said:

Neil said 'from the various versions of wordings I read it more-implied that aspects of the show were exclusive than that the band's performance was' in the Boomtown thread, so looks like they could play here too.

Also not sure if you've seen this image Parklife shared but it seems to hint at Gorillaz.

DQfOQGoW0AYKSfH.jpg.97c02337be9a8cd4016fb435cb89cedb.jpg.31c62a50fc4db12827fffbf64c5a1027.jpg

Forgot about Liam's Old Trafford show though, he's definitely ruled out.

Fair nuff. I saw that and assumed it was a continuation of the movie/cinema theme that had going on last year. Suppose they did quite heavily hint at Frank Ocean around this time, though. 

40 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

Yep that is pretty convincing seeing as they went so blatant with last year's clue. Irish show on Saturday too.

Would The xx on Saturday work with Gorillaz on Sunday, or would that be a bit too alternative a pairing?

Aye The xx are a decent shout. I reckon alt-J are pretty likely, as far as I'm aware they're not heavily rumoured/announced for any UK fests next year yet?

• 2 weeks later...
On 22 December 2017 at 12:45 PM, 19liam75 said:

Confirmed where?

It's not. Noel Gallagher's High Flying Birds are playing Warrington Weekender alongside Courteeners and other "lad-bands" but not Liam.

Liam won't be doing Parklife of course, he's got a few huge shows near it. 

Following that, I think they're hinting for something. Gorillaz and MGMT are great shouts, I think Gorillaz may be too big still, aim higher. Although, it'd be worth the booking to finally reach Blur.

Edited by SoundsFromJack

On 12/29/2017 at 4:43 PM, SoundsFromJack said:

It's not. Noel Gallagher's High Flying Birds are playing Warrington Weekender alongside Courteeners and other "lad-bands" but not Liam.

Liam won't be doing Parklife of course, he's got a few huge shows near it. 

Following that, I think they're hinting for something. Gorillaz and MGMT are great shouts, I think Gorillaz may be too big still, aim higher. Although, it'd be worth the booking to finally reach Blur.

MGMT would be a great booking; the only caveat being that I'm unsure how fondly they're still remembered for that demographic.

• 4 weeks later...
Just now, dentalplan said:

Yeah it's a scene off Scarface, which ties into the movie theme. Wouldn't look into it at all.

Ahh fair. Wonder if King Kong is just a continuation of that theme or a genuine hint towards Gorillaz. Would make sense if they were both some sort of hints considering they're so prominent at the top of the poster, yet throwing people off who think it's just part of the movie theme.