Talking Heads

ivan

Some more tips...(such a shame he's doing festivals next year on a fallow year)

His first 2 solo albums: Rei Momo and Uh Oh are fantastic.

As for live performance shows: Between the Teeth is incredible but criminally never got a DVD/ Blu ray release.

(full bands starts at 10.50mins)

Edited by danbailey80

1 hour ago, eFestivals said:

yeah, I found them ... just find it odd they're not included in the email Byrne sent out, or on his website.

Have been watching his web site and scouring internet daily for last month waiting for this announcement. Bizarrely there have been a few European dates not showing on his web site!

8 minutes ago, Hsr1234 said:

Have been watching his web site and scouring internet daily for last month waiting for this announcement. Bizarrely there have been a few European dates not showing on his web site!

look, can you stop this please?

It's been easy to get tickets for Byrne shows for decades, but i'm starting to worry now. Can't you youngsters go back to listening to Mumfords or something? 

:P

38 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

look, can you stop this please?

It's been easy to get tickets for Byrne shows for decades, but i'm starting to worry now. Can't you youngsters go back to listening to Mumfords or something? 

:P

Turning down tickets for talking heads in 1979 (I think) remains one of the biggest regrets of my life as I then never saw them perform.

David Byrne in Sheffield in 2007 was absolutely out of this world, definitely one of my best ever gigs.

Although I loved Tom Tom Club at Glastonbury and nearly cried when they played psycho  killer, it wasn't the same.

• Upvote 1

On 13/12/2017 at 6:56 AM, eFestivals said:

a major promoter has told me he tried for Byrne for next summer but missed out on him.

So it definitely looks like someone has him, but i don't know who. My guesses would be EotR, Bestival, and (probably the most likely) WOMAD.

Please tell me this major promoter wasn’t Melvin Benn. Would be wonderful if he’s at latitude

2 minutes ago, evannn said:

Please tell me this major promoter wasn’t Melvin Benn. Would be wonderful if he’s at latitude

it wasn't melvin I heard about.

But with those dates mentioned above, I'm thinking that particular festival might have been rejected because of the indoor dates byrne is doing - because they're at about the same time.

And I've just had a better look at his announced tourdates, and see that he's already got shows booked in for Latitude weekend (which probably make that unlikely), and he's back in the states by WOMAD.

Boooooo!

I'm wondering if the indoor shows might be all there'll be. :(

1 hour ago, eFestivals said:

it wasn't melvin I heard about.

But with those dates mentioned above, I'm thinking that particular festival might have been rejected because of the indoor dates byrne is doing - because they're at about the same time.

And I've just had a better look at his announced tourdates, and see that he's already got shows booked in for Latitude weekend (which probably make that unlikely), and he's back in the states by WOMAD.

Boooooo!

I'm wondering if the indoor shows might be all there'll be. :(

Shite that. Cheers though

11 hours ago, zahidf said:

That page has been deleted and no evidence anywhere on the internet that I can find anymore of those dates. I presume they are still happening and that they were published too early but whether tickets will still go on sale this Friday as I think that article claimed who knows! 

1 hour ago, Hsr1234 said:

That page has been deleted and no evidence anywhere on the internet that I can find anymore of those dates. I presume they are still happening and that they were published too early but whether tickets will still go on sale this Friday as I think that article claimed who knows! 

Is supposed to be onsale next fri (19th). Im guessing its too early but ive the date in my diary!

18 minutes ago, tjamest said:

Probably, i remember in 2009 they seemed expensive (£30.00+) and prices have exploded in the intervening years

Anything less than £55 would surprise me, as much as it pains me. I'd edge even closer to guessing at £70. That's way out of my disposable threshold this month.

That said, Byrne is probably the must-see artist left on my bucket list, save a Roxy Music reunion. Fingers crossed for lower value.