Jump to content
Dukeicon

Arcadia - London

Recommended Posts

On 5/6/2018 at 11:51 AM, nikkic said:

What did we all think of yesterday then? 

I thought it was a nice little festival, pretty well organised (although the token system needs to die, utterly pointless).

Sven Vath and Leftfield were ace. The Metamorphosis show was awesome as ever. 

There was a good crowd too, combined with the lovely weather, it was a big thumbs up from me. 

I agree with all your points. The token system is a bit of a scam over one day (tokens were day-specific). Not only does it take ages to buy them but it was a very confusing system (even when sober) of "half-tickets" that you had to separate (or in my case get the bar staff to calculate!) plus it's very difficult to gauge just how many you need so you end up buying too many. Apparently the rule is if you want a refund on unused tickets you have to return them by 10pm on that day, halfway through the headline act! Can't see many people doing that. I have about 8 left over, God only knows how much they were worth, I still can't work it out! :D If 5,000 people all did the same they're onto a bit of a winner.

For a London crowd it was pretty friendly and lively, helped by the beautiful weather. The Reactor tent was nicely set up, Boys Noize was good but played to a pretty sparse crowd. Vath was great, as was Leftfield. Found Dusky a little dull but the Metamorphosis show was fantastic. I've never managed to get over to Arcadia to see it at Glastonbury so it was my first time. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Went on the Sunday...

Good:

Amazing weather and amazing vibes
Great show
Excellent sound system
Good crowd
All round well worth it

Bad:

Very intense search on entry
Bar token system was a scam. Still havent quite worked out how much each drink cost but I managed to get through £60 of tokens in an hour!
Not sure why but parts of the ground stank of shit. Maybe they had spread manure on the field? Either way, had to throw my shoes away the next day as they then also stank of shit.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I wanted to go in the tent but every time I did it was sweaty and stank of fish. Spider and metamorphosis was good though. I've not seen the lords of lightning bit before so that was fun. I got £50 of tokens and managed to use them all without needing more. It worked out about £6.25 for the cans of cider though, which is quite a rip off even for London standards!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I went on Saturday and had a such a good time I bought a spare ticket off a mate and went back on Sunday.

The only negatives for me were the cost of drinks and the queues to buy tokens.

They tried to skank everyone by not accepting Saturday tokens on the Sunday but too many people complained so they had to, quite rightly, rethink that policy.

All in all a super weekend with fine weather, fine music and beautiful people.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, SPTFRE said:

 I have about 8 left over, God only knows how much they were worth, I still can't work it out! :D 

 

£20! (or 3 ciders and a plastic cup!)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/8/2018 at 9:40 AM, Jamie D said:

Went on the Sunday...

Good:

Amazing weather and amazing vibes
Great show
Excellent sound system
Good crowd
All round well worth it

Bad:

Very intense search on entry
Bar token system was a scam. Still havent quite worked out how much each drink cost but I managed to get through £60 of tokens in an hour!
Not sure why but parts of the ground stank of shit. Maybe they had spread manure on the field? Either way, had to throw my shoes away the next day as they then also stank of shit.

Yep all these for me as plus and negatives too! Never been searched to that extent before. Not sure it worked that well though as still saw some right states being dragged off by security at about 2pm!

Had a great time. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You must have that look about you....

I breezed in after a mere hint of a pat down!! 

;)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Lovely weather and great crowd, but fuck me I hate it when festivals use bar token systems. Utterly pointless and a complete scam - how are you supposed to know what you are going to spend in a day, and then why do they expect you to join a queue to refund them at the end of the night WHILST the headline act is on?

Collected these up from my friends, tried emailing to complain but getting nowhere. Hate to think how much money they have made out of us. Sat-Tickets.thumb.jpeg.247c9f17c7829bbdf481d5a60f2a979c.jpeg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
44 minutes ago, nikkic said:

You must have that look about you....

I breezed in after a mere hint of a pat down!! 

;)

I suspect you went on Saturday. My friend who went on both days said it was much more intense on Sunday and absolutely everyone I saw got a thorough search, even with long queues. The only reason I can think of is that the music selection on Sunday was more likely to attract a few narcotics.

To be fair the search was a negative experience but positive from the perspective of keeping weapons and the likes out. Plus, with the venue being the Queen Elizabeth Olympic Park they probably weren't keen on a load of ravers mashed off their tits. Didn't work though :P 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, hannahlmoore said:

Lovely weather and great crowd, but fuck me I hate it when festivals use bar token systems. Utterly pointless and a complete scam - how are you supposed to know what you are going to spend in a day, and then why do they expect you to join a queue to refund them at the end of the night WHILST the headline act is on?

Collected these up from my friends, tried emailing to complain but getting nowhere. Hate to think how much money they have made out of us. Sat-Tickets.thumb.jpeg.247c9f17c7829bbdf481d5a60f2a979c.jpeg

Jesus. Hate to break it to you but thats just shy of £100 worth of tokens.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×