Arcadia - London

Dukeicon

1 minute ago, RarerThanDandyB said:

Why don’t you like the news?

I'm going to go dig myself in a hole now. 

I read it so fast and seeing it posted in the glasto facebook group and saw the Arcadia London Cancelled on the home page of efestivals. Went straight into deer in headlights, thinking that they had cancelled glasto. 

Welp.

Relieved & very excited now.

I'll be on my way...

giphy.gif

• Upvote 1

Just now, chatty said:

Am I reading this wrong or yous because that sounds to me like there is no Arcadia this year but they will be back bigger in 2020?

There's no arcadia London this year. They were struggling to meet all commitments so have prioritised Glasto over their own ventures to honour the support Glasto have given them over the last decade.

22 minutes ago, shuttlep said:

A vast new project is taking shape at Glastonbury that will lay the foundations for a new site-specific landscape

site specific?????

have they been given silver hays?

I read that to mean specific to Glastonbury rather than a specific area within it (and therefore requiring lots of work - and new/unfamiliar work at that). They'll be aware that lots of people reading that won't have a clue that they're doing a new thing at Glasto so that wording highlights how big a job it is.

Edited by The Martini Police

48 minutes ago, shuttlep said:

A vast new project is taking shape at Glastonbury that will lay the foundations for a new site-specific landscape

site specific?????

When they say new "site-specific landscape" I think they're referring to their new project at Glastonbury paving the way for their own standalone developments in the future. It could be an extension to what they're doing now with their global Spider and Afterburner setups. It's admirable that they've consciously decided to focus on Glastonbury (I believe Michael Eavis was instrumental in getting them going) rather than get greedy, I guess they didn't have enough resources to deliver both the new area at Glastonbury and the London weekend to a standard that they've set themselves? Fair play to them, I'm pretty sure that this new venture at Glastonbury is going to be spectacular, I hope they manage to keep it spoiler-free until June...

4 minutes ago, Supernintendo Chalmers said:

When they say new "site-specific landscape" I think they're referring to their new project at Glastonbury paving the way for their own standalone developments in the future. It could be an extension to what they're doing now with their global Spider and Afterburner setups. It's admirable that they've consciously decided to focus on Glastonbury (I believe Michael Eavis was instrumental in getting them going) rather than get greedy, I guess they didn't have enough resources to deliver both the new area at Glastonbury and the London weekend to a standard that they've set themselves? Fair play to them, I'm pretty sure that this new venture at Glastonbury is going to be spectacular, I hope they manage to keep it spoiler-free until June...

when is the webcam due to break ? 

1 hour ago, Acid Loafers said:

I'm going to go dig myself in a hole now. 

I read it so fast and seeing it posted in the glasto facebook group and saw the Arcadia London Cancelled on the home page of efestivals. Went straight into deer in headlights, thinking that they had cancelled glasto. 

Welp.

Relieved & very excited now.

I'll be on my way...

giphy.gif

Shame

Shame

Shame

Shame

etc.

:)

Ben

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, eFestivals said:

I reckon sales is in the mix somewhere especially as there's a fair number of fairly similar London dancey shows, including from the same promoter Arcadia are using.

That promoter had posters up for it over Christmas at an event I went to.  I wondered at the time if they were struggling to get punters in as it was  very well advertised.

A few of my mates went to the arcadia event last year and said that the organization wasn't the best. They were not keen to go back. With Glastonbury on too this year - a lot of people who know about Arcadia are people who will be at Glastonbury. In 2018 they weren't.

11 hours ago, shuttlep said:

site specific?????

Just reading through their facebook post and comments now - in one of the comments they confirm that they're back in the same field as before.

• Upvote 1

On 2/23/2019 at 2:57 AM, incident said:

Just reading through their facebook post and comments now - in one of the comments they confirm that they're back in the same field as before.

That's good news I think.  While I would have loved for Arcadia to take over Silver Hayes (or Rob Da Bank for that matter), licencing / noise restrictions prevent that.  

Fair play to Arcadia for cancelling now and focusing on Glastonbury.  Whether its due to lack of ticket sales or not being able to guarantee the quality we've come to expect from Arcadia, them concentrating on the place that made them is a classy move.

Either way, I can not wait to see what the guys have in store! *prays for a night of jon hopkins and Modeselektor*