Citadel 2018

Stuielooie

5 minutes ago, billum said:

If it happens to be the main act you want to see, that would also present a problem! ;)

Not disputing that fact!

But wouldn't be surprised if someone cancels or Citadel express the problem to their bookings and one is happy to step aside.

Otherwise can't see how they can juggle everything around to fit the football in.

48 minutes ago, Mash011 said:

Was hoping an England final would send prices down for this :P Ah well, anyone seen any cheapos going?

All of the festivals that have been booted out of Viccy Pk have struggled to sell. Not surprisingly they are offloading. Live Nation have a lot to answer for. DM me - I can point you in the right direction. 

24 minutes ago, Sean1234321 said:

Strange quote in that article (though it is cut off so maybe makes more sense in full)

Loved the festival. Seriously poor idea to have the main act at the end so everyone leaves at the same time.  Would love....

That's usually how festivals work?

Yep while the event itself was all fine (tho sound in the last.fm tent was not great) the leaving situation was an absolute mess. We managed to get out after maybe an hour and a half but others who were slower leaving weren't so lucky, some friends of ours after being stuck in the bizarrely laid out pens for ages with no communication ended up getting a long night bus home across London. It's a major issue with the new site - there simply aren't enough trains at that time on a Sunday for the amount of people leaving the festival. Hope they work something better out next year. That's if it even goes ahead in its current state next year, since sales by all accounts seem to have been pretty dreadful. Could see it getting Field Dayed.

Edited by Mash011

We ended up missing the last tube as well, organisation for people leaving was very poor. Thankfully got an Uber otherwise a black cab would have cost a lot more back to where we had parked. 

Shame, CHVRCHES and Tame Impala were all great. The lead singer of The Horrors genuinely thought it was still at Victoria Park so went to the wrong venue! Don't get what the fuss is with Fat White Family either?

First time to Citadel and a festival at Gunnersbury Park. Was really impressed with everything about the day. Would definitely go again next year as long as there are at least a couple of bands I like. Tame Impala were awesome. 3rd time I’ve seen them and probably best so far. Enjoyed Old Dirty Brasstards just before them on the Corona Stage. Was not too fussed about seeing all the big names as this festival offered so much more. The table tennis, volleyball croquet dotted around was a nice touch. No queues for bars or toilets too which is a bonus. Getting out was the only downside, but lucky enough I live close enough to walk home in under an hour! 

I really enjoyed this year. Weather was fab. Food was excellent. Band's were great.

After last year I vowed I wouldn't go back - the toilet queues were horrific, food queues was dreadful and everyone on my list of acts to see was spread out massively so had a lot of hanging about. This year was so much better. They seemed to have sorted the toilet situation by having a big group together rather than a single line of 10 or so. The line-up was really good. Definitely needed more water points though. Chvrches stole the show for me. Wasn't in the best position for Tame so was a bit too quiet. The middle stage stacks of speakers either didn't seem to be working or were pointless as they were far too quiet. Was sad about how short The Horrors set was. The group of about 15 standing in front of me for Honne kinda ruined that vibe as well, too busy sniffing coke and chatting loudly with their back to the crowd pissing quite a lot of people off.

Read the horror stories of peoples escapades to get home. Guess we got lucky. Left a few mins early to avoid the rushes. That aside I really enjoy the new site. May be on my own but feel Victoria Park sucks the life out of festivals (perhaps because I've been there far too many times and its size is too vast).