Citadel 2018

Stuielooie

Chvrches seem a good match for Tame and a fairly decent undercard with Shame, Sam Fender & Goat Girl - will have to listen to some of the others on there though.

Overall not blown away but not completely let down, still think it's good for the price, I'd happily pay more just just Tame Impala so

It's a fantastic undercard for me. Still trying to work out my summer plans but if I don't go then I'll be sore to miss this. I'll be leaving it late though, just in case they do lots of deals and competitions again like in 2016.

I know they're not huge but I feel like The Horrors are underselling themselves at this point - the same position as Cat's Eyes two years ago, off their most critically acclaimed album to date? Sack the agent.

Does anyone reckon they'll add stuff to the bottom of main stage? Not asking because I want anyone else; it's just I'm doing a clashfinder and there are fewer acts than previous years, but it doesn't say that there's any more to be added either.

• 3 months later...
2 hours ago, dentalplan said:

Is it usually much better for you? Actually seems like the best all round line up they’ve put out so far to me. Still not gagging to get down there for it.

Skipped last year but 2016 was a lot better for me with acts like Susanne Sundfor, Battles, Calexico and Akala lower down. Last year was weaker but had more going for it too imo. Just not much for me at all beyond the top 2. But maybe I'm just not listening to the good stuff.

49 minutes ago, Mackem said:

You guys realise it's World Cup Final night? Assuming there are no plans to show it on a big screen, I'm guessing that re-entry won't be allowed (or some of us would nip off for a couple of hours at 4!)

They’ve said on social media that they’ll be showing the final.

Probably doesn’t need to be that big a screen, mind - if England are in it then nobody is turning up until Tame Impala and if they aren’t then there’s always iPlayer.

5 hours ago, Mash011 said:

Skipped last year but 2016 was a lot better for me with acts like Susanne Sundfor, Battles, Calexico and Akala lower down. Last year was weaker but had more going for it too imo. Just not much for me at all beyond the top 2. But maybe I'm just not listening to the good stuff.

Guess it’s just different strokes then. I wouldn’t be massively arsed about any of those nowadays but would go see a handful of acts playing this year if they passed by close to me.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, dentalplan said:

They’ve said on social media that they’ll be showing the final.

Probably doesn’t need to be that big a screen, mind - if England are in it then nobody is turning up until Tame Impala and if they aren’t then there’s always iPlayer.

Guess it’s just different strokes then. I wouldn’t be massively arsed about any of those nowadays but would go see a handful of acts playing this year if they passed by close to me.

Who are your picks lower down for this year then? Might end up picking up a ticket for this regardless if I don't do Latitude. 

3 minutes ago, Mash011 said:

Who are your picks lower down for this year then? Might end up picking up a ticket for this regardless if I don't do Latitude. 

I think you'll definitely like Her's and probably WH Lung before them at the start of the day. Hawkwind and Goat are definite inspirations on KGATLW so worth getting your ears around if you've seen Chvrches when they were better. La Femme are a pretty cool French new wave mob. Gang of Youths have a bit of The National to them...

I think there are about twenty bands I'd be interested in seeing at this thing (though a lot of whom I've seen in the past couple of years) so maybe I'm not an ideal person to ask for a handful of recs. It may be worth just listening through the names or to a playlist if Citadel have put one together - there's definite quality on there though.

What's with all the mega lineups this year for the London festivals.This and All Points East are more than making up for the lack of glastonbury. Don't know the others but have seen Chvrches and Tame Impala before and both are perfect for summer cider times ? cant wait!

No idea where abouts in london it is, did not read anything past those names on the poster

• 2 weeks later...

What's everyone thoughts on the new site? Never been to that field before.

Hopefully they've sorted out the lack of toilet situation, found last year's queues mental on times waiting with the girlfriend. They need more portaloos.

On 7/4/2018 at 8:59 PM, D-Low said:

What's everyone thoughts on the new site? Never been to that field before.

Hopefully they've sorted out the lack of toilet situation, found last year's queues mental on times waiting with the girlfriend. They need more portaloos.

Not been there before - do we have a map for this year's fest yet?

2 minutes ago, grayfitz said:

Just announced on their Twitter that if England are in the final on Sunday, they'll be retiming the Main Stage to show the match on there instead of a smaller stage elsewhere

Have assured me on twitter everyone will still get their intended set length. Dubious if main stage is being written off for 2 hours but we'll see.