Queens Of The Stone Age @ Finsbury Park

gregory

Anybody from Brisbane who had a big round black hat and was a girl who also was rolling spliffs for your two blonde guy friends without short hitler youth haircuts.

you and your group are just so oblivious to how annoying you are in a 10metre radius. Christ the amount of time I moved somewhere else and hey there you all were again.

london rail put on a freebie train. Kudos to them.

54 minutes ago, Rico_Pliskin said:

Sound was crisp and clear for Queens, 

why does iggy not like playing his post pop songs?

im also getting tired of being put down simply because I’m a guy. Looking at you RTJ and Josh

Just getting out my tiny violin for all men.

RTJ weren't having a go at men, they were asking that women's voices are respected and better represented in positions of power. You must have a very fragile ego for that to be your takeaway. 

Today was rubbish. Hour long beer queues, overcrowded, and crap sound. Hinds were great but far too quiet. RTJ and Iggy were good but battled terrible sound. 

• Upvote 5
  • Downvote 1

Well no; I could appreciate the point you make if I hadn’t heard the same story at two different RTJ concerts. They said guys ‘have a hands off approach’ which we can all agree shouldn’t even have to be said. It was only directed at the fellas. 

Killer mike said while supporting emenim he’d body slam the guys doing this. Fair enough. Side note josh asked the guys  to sing ‘make it with you’ without sounding rapey. Which ‘quote’ is hard cause it always sounds rapey with guys.

Edited by Rico_Pliskin

1 hour ago, Rico_Pliskin said:

Well no; I could appreciate the point you make if I hadn’t heard the same story at two different RTJ concerts. They said guys ‘have a hands off approach’ which we can all agree shouldn’t even have to be said. It was only directed at the fellas. 

They play hundreds of concerts a year. They see drunk guys acting out all the time. Maybe if they say it at their shows, it lessens the chances that someone's night is gonna be ruined by some lecherous arsehole. If you don't need telling then that's good, but I don't see why you'd have a problem with them speaking on it - of all the things bands say between songs, this is a pretty good message.

• Upvote 4

I really don't have the energy to rant but this was the worst run gig / day festival I've ever been to. 50 minutes to get drinks at around 17:00 and the queues only grew from then. Nothing signposted that it was cash only too so I seriously hope no-one was caught out by that at the bar. The queue for water was almost as bad and in the heat we had today, it was rough. £2.50 for a bottle if you couldn't wait. Getting out of the venue was horrific but I expected that. 

On the plus side, Queens were amazing and I thought the sound was really good (mind you, I was about 5 or 6 rows from the front for the entirety). Do It Again opener! Such scenes. No Villains of Circumstance or Feel Good Hit but was real happy with the setlist. No Iggy appearance either which was a weird one.

Bloody hell the thing was a mess, ontop of the long queues the bar was running out of cider towards the end of the night. I completely missed Hinds to go to the bar but we ended up sending £200 on as many bottles of wines and beers we could carry between us for the rest of the day.

Queens were good but were missing a couple of big songs, Hives and RTJ stole the show and were the best acts of the day.

RTJ were amazing. I wasn't sure if a queens crowd would be that into them, but people were going nuts where I was. Queens themselves were so much better than I thought, and I really enjoyed the setlist too. That opener of Do It Again, Lost Art, Go With the Flow and Sick Sick Sick was so good.

Best I’ve seen Qotsa in an awful long time. Terrific, slick set which flowed brilliantly.

Was level with the sound tent for the start and the sound was ropey to say the least. Though the chants of ‘turn it up’ really aren’t going to help anyone. Went forward later and it was booming, so all about position for me.

The Hives and Hinds were also awesome and funny in equal measure. Black Honey have improved massively. Iggy was poor to be honest, not playing as much actual solo stuff as he might.

Organisational wise, it was a bit of a shambles. Placing the toilets and water taps next to the biggest bar was a stupid call which caused horrendous bottle-necking.

I was often fortunate and didn’t have to queue that long at the bar, waiting until just after Qotsa started when there was no-one around to get a drink again. I understand that extra staff were drafted in after the problems on Friday, but it wasn’t pretty.

My view is that FR got greedy and sold perhaps as many as 10,000 more tickets than they really should. The event was heaving wherever you went, even early in the day.

Nonetheless, most of the acts I wanted to see produced but I’d think twice about going to another gig at Finsbury (having experienced similar issues at other events there) or a one-day FR event.

Just boggles the mind that a group that has been running these events for ages can fuck up this badly while just weeks ago the APE folks came along and nailed it on their first try. Will definitely think twice about attending another one of their London events. 

Bands were good tho. For the record Hinds were the best act of the day. QotSA marvellous too. 

2 minutes ago, Mash011 said:

Just boggles the mind that a group that has been running these events for ages can fuck up this badly while just weeks ago the APE folks came along and nailed it on their first try. Will definitely think twice about attending another one of their London events. 

Bands were good tho. For the record Hinds were the best act of the day. QotSA marvellous too. 

I agree with you on the first point but Hinds better than QOTSA?

QOTSA have been playing for 25 years and it shows in how damn tight they are. They put on an incredible show, bucketloads of charisma and swager and an epic back catalogue. Versus Hinds and their fun but lightweight and unchallenging garage pop and some middling riffs.

Sure mate, sure...

• Downvote 1