Queens Of The Stone Age @ Finsbury Park

gregory

Didn't someone post an info thing showing all the curfew times were 10:30 in here? Did I hallucinate that?

Anyway we're getting our times today but based of the LG ones it'll be the balloons on the poster will be the main stage with the names at the bottom the second stage. Puts Hinds and Iggy Pop in line for a direct clash - easy choice for me but might frustrate some. Hives > RTJ > Hinds > Queens is an incredible run, should get to catch Miles Kane beforehand too.

Yeah I already figured the names in bubbles were main stage and the rest were second stage. I'd like to catch Hinds, but realistically I'll just be at the main stage the whole day. I'm wondering what time the first act will be on, as doors are at 11:30am

1 hour ago, jump said:

I could see Brody playing the 2nd stage even though she's in a balloon, as its a "stripped down" set it may struggle on the bigger stage.

Would make sense, yeah, I suppose 6 on main stage/7 on second stage makes more sense than 7 on main. I'm just going off the Liam Gallagher poster which made a very clear distinction between stages. If that means Hinds get moved to a 3rd down clash with RTJ I will scream, mind.

Edited by Mash011

2 hours ago, Mash011 said:

Didn't someone post an info thing showing all the curfew times were 10:30 in here? Did I hallucinate that?

Anyway we're getting our times today but based of the LG ones it'll be the balloons on the poster will be the main stage with the names at the bottom the second stage. Puts Hinds and Iggy Pop in line for a direct clash - easy choice for me but might frustrate some. Hives > RTJ > Hinds > Queens is an incredible run, should get to catch Miles Kane beforehand too.

I think that the names on the bottom will read left to right descending, as that’s probably a truer indication of stature and also generally how lineup posters work.

2 hours ago, Mash011 said:

Oh and to clarify the easy choice is that you should definitely see Hinds. Iggy ain't all that.

Iggy has put out at least three all time great records and won’t be touring for that much longer. Your opinion is rejected

Edit: not going anyway sadly but still if I could I would reject your opinion.

Edited by dentalplan

1 minute ago, evilduck said:

FR are saying stage times tomorrow now. Bastards

That's fucking annoying, I want to know what time the bands actually start so I can make plans to meet up with people. I'd imagine it's a right pain in the arse for people who live outside of London.

13 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

I think that the names on the bottom will read left to right descending, as that’s probably a truer indication of stature and also generally how lineup posters work.

Iggy has put out at least three all time great records and won’t be touring for that much longer. Your opinion is rejected

Edit: not going anyway sadly but still if I could I would reject your opinion.

Seen Iggy support Dave Ghrol's run around fun time a few years ago. It was okay. Hinds are better.

4 minutes ago, evilduck said:

Iggy blew the roof off the Royal Albert Hall when I saw him in 2016. I won't be missing him!

That was the Post Pop Depression tour with Josh Homme and Matt Helders tho right? Which was much better received than his usual solo shows.

36 minutes ago, Mash011 said:

I got no beef tbh I was up for seeing him again. I just stan Hinds.

Hinds surely make make fun but forgettable pop (and their musical abilities are debatable) and I've seen them live a few times, which have been pretty unmemorable. Iggy Pop is one of the all time great performers on perhaps his last ever show in London.

You lost any possible support from my side when you said you stan Hinds - isn't this how 13 year olds talk?

Edited by xxialac

6 minutes ago, xxialac said:

Hinds surely make make fun but forgettable pop (and their musical abilities are debatable) and I've seen them live a few times, which as been pretty unmemorable. Iggy Pop is one of the all time great performers on perhaps his last ever show in London.

You lost any possible support from my side when you said you stan Hinds - isn't this how 13 year olds talk?

Oh dear the gammons are onto me.