Queens Of The Stone Age @ Finsbury Park

gregory

Yeah, I'll probably get there for Deap Valley, pop over to the second stage for Hinds and then camp out at the main stage for the rest of the day. Looks like it could be a relatively early finish then. Can't see QOTSA playing for more than 2 hours, but you never know.

Oh man, the only one on the main stage I'd be into missing would be Miles Kane and that's when the second stage MVP's are on. The line up has fallen brilliantly. Wish I was going so badly.

Brody would have been sore to miss but less so when considering she'll be running through punk covers on her acoustic guitar rather than full electric show drawing from her back catalogue.

11 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

Oh man, the only one on the main stage I'd be into missing would be Miles Kane and that's when the second stage MVP's are on. The line up has fallen brilliantly. Wish I was going so badly.

Brody would have been sore to miss but less so when considering she'll be running through punk covers on her acoustic guitar rather than full electric show drawing from her back catalogue.

I'm still hoping it's actually a secret Distillers set, I'm gonna be so disappointed I missed The Hives for an acoustic show. 

Edited by jump

27 minutes ago, jump said:

I'm still hoping it's actually a secret Distillers set, I'm gonna be so disappointed I missed The Hives for an acoustic show. 

I'm probably going to have to do half and half, I'm so torn. The Hives are one of my absolute favourites, I've seen them about 10 times. But The Distillers were a huge chunk of my teenage years and I love Brody's solo and Spinnerette stuff too. Last time I saw them both was 2014! Tough choices.

12 hours ago, tillyandthewall said:

Sad to have so many clashes, must be intentional to keep second stage numbers down at the smaller arena.

Tbh I don't think when people book bands for things like this they go "I will book someone shit so it wont create a clash" they will go is this band in the budget for the slot and available. 

My day is looking like Skinny Girl Diet>Deep Valley>Hinds>Hives>Run The Jewels>Iggy Pop>Queens

1 hour ago, jump said:

Tbh I don't think when people book bands for things like this they go "I will book someone shit so it wont create a clash" they will go is this band in the budget for the slot and available. 

I agree with this, otherwise there'd be no point in a second stage at all. 

In all fairness the mainstage line up is so strong they probably don't need the other one, especially for the reasonable ticket price.

Honestly looking at the line up I'm not entirely sure who I'm most looking most forward to seeing, the top four of Hives, Iggy Pop, Run The Jewels & Queens are all acts I would see anyway and that's before I even chuck in Brody who I've seen the most (including Distillers & Spinnerette) out of everyone in the bill.

4 hours ago, Mash011 said:

Reading up on the twitters about today's LG gig, apparently bar queues have been verrrry bad. Best get em in early folks.

This and the reports that sound was too quiet for Liam is a little concerning. Still very fucking excited for this gig regardless

1 hour ago, sisco said:

I was there last night, fairly close to the front (right side) and the sound was ok for me.

Bar queues were horrific, 45 mins each time.  And take some money as the card machines went down 

Wasn’t at LG, but if the card machines went down that would surely have contributed to the speed of serving. If that is fixed then things could be different *clutches straws*. Concerned nonetheless at the volume of complaints.