NOS Primavera Porto

Justiceforcedave

2 minutes ago, maksym26 said:

Air headlined NPS two years ago and they were on second line on PS lineup, I think this will happen again. From what I noticed NPS always brings one PS headliner and 2 second line artists. Last year they started bringing bands from outside so by this logic I can only see Nick Cave, The War On drugs (second line on PS) and Thom Yorke (Sonar). I hope I´m wrong because I want to see Lorde, A$AP and Gorillaz too on this lineup but I´m skeptical about, I think that we will only get one of those 3. 

bon iver and aphex twin were both on the first line of the day in barcelona.

i agree with you with the gorillaz idea, i think it's a bit unrealistic. but lorde, i really hope we have her

2 minutes ago, bananaa52 said:

also pj harvey and sigur ros were on the top slot of the day.

nick cave is the only of the top. with migos that would make two :P

if not migos, i would believe we can have, for example: lorde+ nick cave + thom yorke+ war on drugs

but i hope it's not a too optimistic idea

Actually I believe that those will be the headliners, the only thing that confuses me are hip hop acts because if Rocky or Migos or Tyler come, all of them deserve to be headliners and I can´t imagine them puttig more than one hip hop headliner.

1 hour ago, maksym26 said:

Actually I believe that those will be the headliners, the only thing that confuses me are hip hop acts because if Rocky or Migos or Tyler come, all of them deserve to be headliners and I can´t imagine them puttig more than one hip hop headliner.

Well, Run the Jewels last year acted in the same day as the headliners Justice

edit: And RTJ would be nice as Headliners too

Edited by Tigane

3 minutes ago, obamacares said:

Primavera Porto’s fb page posted a photo with this description in portuguese(i’ll try to translate with my own words):  “The line-up of Primavera Sound Porto is almost finished, the more apparent date to come out is between 9th and 13th of February.”

Warning: That is not the official facebook page of Primavera Sound in Porto . That is one created by fans. 

The official is this one https://www.facebook.com/nosprimaverasound/

I already bought the ticket in the Christmas time but i don´t know how much of a good idea this is announcing so late..We are not a very rich country, the festivals are full with big names this year in Portugal, it´s a RIR year..i dont know if people aren´t going to be broke when the line ups for Primavera and Paredes de Coura are announced

1 minute ago, MiniTi said:

I already bought the ticket in the Christmas time but i don´t know how much of a good idea this is announcing so late..We are not a very rich country, the festivals are full with big names this year in Portugal, it´s a RIR year..i dont know if people aren´t going to be broke when the line ups for Primavera and Paredes de Coura are announced

I wish the guys from RIR would die with a horrible and painful death....  I bought a ticket to see my favourite band (Muse) and they , with the biggest place for festivals, in Portugal, and with the amount of money they have to make a great festival,  they made the day with a portuguese pop singer (Diogo Piçarra), Haim and Bastille... Nothing more 

I don´t like RIR because they gave slots to a lot of artists that i don´t listen and it´s more of an social event than a festival. And i think that this aspect of social event gave a lot of consumers to other festivals, so, if you take your line ups and announce them late, you are going to suffer some loss of money

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Tigane said:

I wish the guys from RIR would die with a horrible and painful death....  I bought a ticket to see my favourite band (Muse) and they , with the biggest place for festivals, in Portugal, and with the amount of money they have to make a great festival,  they made the day with a portuguese pop singer (Diogo Piçarra), Haim and Bastille... Nothing more 

ahahah. sorry man, but you should be expecting that from RiR.

the only time I considered going there was because of Arcade Fire, wich happened to have Lorde the same night

Just now, bananaa52 said:

ahahah. sorry man, but you should be expecting that from RiR.

the only time I considered going there was because of Arcade Fire, wich happened to have Lorde the same night

I already know, but i was expecting, as the portuguese act, some portuguese rock band. I like Haim,  but Bastille is meh for me, but i would expect something bigger, especially, after the day before, they announced Chemical Brothers for the THe Killers day.

I was in that day with Arcade Fire, Lorde, and the worst gig of my life .............. Ed Sheeran. 1 hour without earing anything from the stage, due to the little girls screaming for every 5 seconds

I went to that Arcade Fire and also seen Lorde and Ed Sheeran, not that bad for RiR standards. Lorde was a bit of a letdown, but she was really young back the she is probably better now. that ed sheeran gig...jesus i stepped away from the crowd and saw a little far away from that mess

Edited by antoniopinho
correcting words

5 minutes ago, antoniopinho said:

I went to that Arcade Fire and also seen Lorde and Ed Sheeran, not that bad for RiR standards. Lorde was a bit of a letdown, but she was really young back the she is probably better now. that ed sheeran gig...jesus i stepped away from the crowd and saw a little far away from that mess

i couldn´t go away, because i was in the front line  waiting for Arcade Fire.  I liked Lorde. It wasnt the best show in the world, but i wasn´t that bad. I wouldn+t mind seeing her again

13 minutes ago, antoniopinho said:

Looking now at the Gorillaz tour dates, notice that the SBSR slot is very unlikely. I´m hoping for a june 7th spot in NPS because they went everywhere in the world in this tour, more than once in some countries, can´t see why they wouldn´t come to Portugal

Sem Título.png

Let´s wait and hope for that

Anyone thought about King Krule? He´s playing a Paris show on June 3rd and the rest of the dates are free. 

3 hours ago, Tigane said:

Warning: That is not the official facebook page of Primavera Sound in Porto . That is one created by fans. 

The official is this one https://www.facebook.com/nosprimaverasound/

My bad. Just saw the name and thought it would be the official one 

2 hours ago, antoniopinho said:

It´s unbeliavable how bad is the RIR line-up comparing to NOS Alive, for 69 euros a day it should have been a great line up everyday, and RIR has a 90.000 capacity and NOS has a 55.000. At least i save money because i can´t even bother

The 2016 edition was a joke tho

On 29/01/2018 at 8:52 PM, young_contra said:

Yeah, rule those out.

Well. Lorde can't be that expensive... I'm sure she wants to come here. It wasn't its purpose but she even recognized us a while back with a tweet of a photo of the last time she played here in Portugal. I can't imagine Gorillaz being quite that expensive as of now either and surely they'd like to come here, if possible, as they're playing two times in Spain this year in two months. I sure hope as hell Migos ain't headlining, what a waste of a spot. I'd count on St. Vincent and Arca, Tyler not really. Imagine a day in which both Arca and Thom play. HEAVENLY 

Hi,

What makes you so certain that Arca is playing? I sure would love to see him live in Primavera, but on the Barcelona thread someone said he is touring with Björk. Isn't it more likely for him to play Paredes de Coura instead of NOS Primavera?

1 hour ago, Johnny Shelby said:

Hi,

What makes you so certain that Arca is playing? I sure would love to see him live in Primavera, but on the Barcelona thread someone said he is touring with Björk. Isn't it more likely for him to play Paredes de Coura instead of NOS Primavera?

I've no way of knowing, it's just me guessing!

5 hours ago, young_contra said:

Vampire Weekend announced their first show this year. I wish I felt confident in dreaming about them

I think they´re too big now to put them alongside Nick Cave and Gorillaz, I bet they´re not even coming to Portugal this and if they come I see them more in SBSR, but it would great news to see them at NPS