NOS Primavera Porto

Justiceforcedave

2 minutes ago, antoniopinho said:

Big Dreamers? what about this headliner line-up? 

ops14_cartaz.jpg

This hurts. I only discovered The National a year after and they're now my favourite band. Haven't missed any show ever since. NOS Alive will be my 3rd. Will make sure to make it memorable. I digress - NPS is surely capable of bringing big names and budget mustn't be a problem. They've been having a gradually bigger financial success.

10 minutes ago, antoniopinho said:

ops14_cartaz.jpg

That year.  the one i chose GY!Be towars Pixies, and i don´t regret it.  I saw Mogwai instead of Darkside, and despite i love Mogwai,  i regret it, since Darkside announced their ending some weeks after the festival  ,  and i missed Courtney Barnett, because ididnt know her by that time

9 minutes ago, young_contra said:

This hurts. I only discovered The National a year after and they're now my favourite band. Haven't missed any show ever since. NOS Alive will be my 3rd. Will make sure to make it memorable. I digress - NPS is surely capable of bringing big names and budget mustn't be a problem. They've been having a gradually bigger financial success.

get ready, you will go to a lot of The national concerts :D they come to portugal almost every year! (i think nos alive will be their 15 concert in portugal during 13 years, if i'm not mistaken) 

5 minutes ago, Tigane said:

That year.  the one i chose GY!Be towars Pixies, and i don´t regret it.  I saw Mogwai instead of Darkside, and despite i love Mogwai,  i regret it, since Darkside announced their ending some weeks after the festival  ,  and i missed Courtney Barnett, because ididnt know her by that time

just like me.

totally regreted not seeing Darkside

and i was wishing GY!BE would come back this year.

edit: and i only saw the end of Courtney Barnet because i remember there was another concert playing at the same time. maybe Slowdive or Pond, not sure

Edited by bananaa52

Just now, bananaa52 said:

get ready, you will go to a lot of The national concerts :D they come to portugal almost every year! (i think nos alive will be their 15 concert in portugal during 13 years, if i'm not mistaken) 

I hope so!! I'm attending NOS Alive mainly for them. I'll make sure I get the frontline, just like I did in the previous two shows I've been to :D

40 minutes ago, antoniopinho said:

ops14_cartaz.jpg

I bet Gorillaz cost more than Caetano Veloso, Netral Milk Hotel and Mogwai alltogether. The National are a big band, but I´ve only paid 35 euros to see them in Lisbon, and in 2014 I think their were cheaper.

Kendrick didn´t had a half of populatiry that he hos now.

I also want big names like Nick Cave, Lorde and Gorillaz, but I know that that Primavera can´t bring them all, Nick Cave is a massive show and he´s headliner at every festival he plays, Thom Yorke is headliner at Sonar where festival pass costs around 200 euros, and another Name can be either Gorillaz or Lorde or Migos, can´t see NPS bringint them all. 

31 minutes ago, maksym26 said:

I bet Gorillaz cost more than Caetano Veloso, Netral Milk Hotel and Mogwai alltogether. The National are a big band, but I´ve only paid 35 euros to see them in Lisbon, and in 2014 I think their were cheaper.

Kendrick didn´t had a half of populatiry that he hos now.

I also want big names like Nick Cave, Lorde and Gorillaz, but I know that that Primavera can´t bring them all, Nick Cave is a massive show and he´s headliner at every festival he plays, Thom Yorke is headliner at Sonar where festival pass costs around 200 euros, and another Name can be either Gorillaz or Lorde or Migos, can´t see NPS bringint them all. 

As I've stated before - of course Thom Yorke is a headliner in Sonar. It's an electronic music based festival. The pass cost doesn't meanything when you're talking about a festival that's in barcelona. NPS's pass can cost just as much as NOS Alive's did two years ago. I'm still optimistic. I also don't see Lorde headlining. Picture this: the first day has Lorde and Thom Yorke headlining plus another name that's almost a headliner. Few names play on the first day. On the second, Gorillaz. On the third, Nick Cave. 

4 minutes ago, young_contra said:

As I've stated before - of course Thom Yorke is a headliner in Sonar. It's an electronic music based festival. The pass cost doesn't meanything when you're talking about a festival that's in barcelona. NPS's pass can cost just as much as NOS Alive's did two years ago. I'm still optimistic. I also don't see Lorde headlining. Picture this: the first day has Lorde and Thom Yorke headlining plus another name that's almost a headliner. Few names play on the first day. On the second, Gorillaz. On the third, Nick Cave. 

I recommend you lower your expectations as you’re about to be disappointed.

They don’t have some contract with you to deliver Gorillaz. You like the lineup, you buy a ticket, you don’t like the lineup you don’t.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, xxialac said:

I recommend you lower your expectations as you’re about to be disappointed.

They don’t have some contract with you to deliver Gorillaz. You like the lineup, you buy a ticket, you don’t like the lineup you don’t.

I'm not COUNTING 100% "IT'S-IMPOSSIBLE-THAT-THEY-DON'T-COME" on Gorillaz! I'm just being optimistic about them! I will not be disappointed if they don't come after all. This is just us brainstorming imo. But still, even if you were to ask me to be 100% realistic, I wouldn't see Thom Yorke solely headlining, nuh-huh. I've already bought the 3 day ticket anyways :P It's all good regardless of the lineup, the festival is the best one out there for me

Edited by young_contra

7 minutes ago, maksym26 said:

This festival is almost on the same dates as NPS.

From here I´d like to see Lorde and A$AP, now I even believe that A$AP has more probability to come to NPS than Migos.

27072422_10156203780769430_7716978074370081296_n.jpg

lorde and asap rocky are playing on saturday - good chances of coming

vince staples saturday in BKS and sunday Parklife - not ruled out, but i think there are less chances

14 minutes ago, bananaa52 said:

vince staples saturday in BKS and sunday Parklife - not ruled out, but i think there are less chances

Bonobo can be one of the names from Sonar, that can come this year (last year was only in Primavera Barcelona, and  in POrtugal he went to Nos Alive)

1 minute ago, Tigane said:

Bonobo can be one of the names from Sonar, that can come this year (last year was only in Primavera Barcelona, and  in POrtugal he went to Nos Alive)

yeah.

back to primavera acts, i noticed Kelela is playing PS on 31 may, on 2 june goes to governors ball and comes back to europe to play Parklife on 10. I'd like to see her on Porto

9 minutes ago, bananaa52 said:

yeah.

back to primavera acts, i noticed Kelela is playing PS on 31 may, on 2 june goes to governors ball and comes back to europe to play Parklife on 10. I'd like to see her on Porto

I wouldnt mind see her too. She has a great album.   However i am sad that Thundercat is going to Bonaroo.  I would love to see the guy in Porto 

42 minutes ago, bananaa52 said:

Lorde, Thom Yorke and Vince Staples on the first day.

Nick Cave and A$AP on second day. 

The War on Drugs on the third day.

Maybe Migos can come too and play instead of A$AP.

Tyler The Creator is almsot ruled out because he plays BKS on friday and Northside on Saturday, can´t see him coming on Thursday, and Vince is also can come on thursday, so I can´t see them putting two hip hop acts on the same day. 

I´m also skeptical about Gorillaz, can´t feel them coming. 

2 minutes ago, maksym26 said:

Lorde, Thom Yorke and Vince Staples on the first day.

Nick Cave and A$AP on second day. 

The War on Drugs on the third day.

Maybe Migos can come too and play instead of A$AP.

Tyler The Creator is almsot ruled out because he plays BKS on friday and Northside on Saturday, can´t see him coming on Thursday, and Vince is also can come on thursday, so I can´t see them putting two hip hop acts on the same day. 

I´m also skeptical about Gorillaz, can´t feel them coming. 

What makes you think The War on Drugs would headline?

1 minute ago, young_contra said:

Man I must be living under a rock, I've no idea that they're capable of being in such slots

it's a bit surprising to me also ahah. i find them a bit underwhelming as headliners, i was in paredes de coura 2015 and they were headlining. ok it can be a "smaller" festival as in having smaller bands as headliners, but they had tame impala as headliners on  another day.

for me they are a type of band to play on a smaller stage, not because i find them less valuable or with less quality, because they are very good aand i really enjoy them, but only because of the type of music they make.

1 minute ago, bananaa52 said:

it's a bit surprising to me also ahah. i find them a bit underwhelming as headliners, i was in paredes de coura 2015 and they were headlining. ok it can be a "smaller" festival as in having smaller bands as headliners, but they had tame impala as headliners on  another day.

for me they are a type of band to play on a smaller stage, not because i find them less valuable or with less quality, because they are very good aand i really enjoy them, but only because of the type of music they make.

Yeah I know they headlined PDC. Eh. I can't imagine them playing at any other stage besides Super Bock...

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, young_contra said:

Yeah I know they headlined PDC. Eh. I can't imagine them playing at any other stage besides Super Bock...

Air headlined NPS two years ago and they were on second line on PS lineup, I think this will happen again. From what I noticed NPS always brings one PS headliner and 2 second line artists. Last year they started bringing bands from outside so by this logic I can only see Nick Cave, The War On drugs (second line on PS) and Thom Yorke (Sonar). I hope I´m wrong because I want to see Lorde, A$AP and Gorillaz too on this lineup but I´m skeptical about it, I think that we will only get one of those 3. 

Edited by maksym26